WBBB 1.7 Dble
    Tarp
    BWWD v2
    Insulation
    Incubator/UGQ FJ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/DutchHook
    Images
    Well all done sewing and rigging. So here are the pics. I am loving the chainlinks and cinch buckles.

Images
    bakeel, you've got those buckles threaded backwards. they may still hold ok, but they were designed to be threaded from the other side.(with the logo covered)

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe 2Q's MOD 3
    Tarp
    Large HH Tarp
    Insulation
    XL 3in self inflat
    Suspension
    Whoopiesling/strap
    Another fine review by the PerkoLady.
    Thanks for the pics.

Ever since I saw the chain walk up the wall I was sold on them. The buckles are very nice...Sigh! So much to update to......Hahahaha

WB Guy thanks for that info. Posssible saved butt there.

Tom

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    bakeel, you've got those buckles threaded backwards. they may still hold ok, but they were designed to be threaded from the other side.(with the logo covered)
    Oh they are? I got the same buckles from Arrowhead with links and works great without having to tie off stops. Good to know I have it backwards, Ill change it over. I guess here is a suggestion for adding notes to websites like this or we end up doing it wrong (even though it still works!)

NOTE: I just went downstairs to check the buckles. Apparently without realizing it, I happened to loop it thru the right way. But it was just a guess that seemed to make sense to me. Still, probably a good idea to have this kind of info- like the picture/tutorials on AHE site- available from whoever is also selling them
    Last edited by Harpo63; 01-23-2010 at 09:13.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    In playing around with these buckles for several weeks before ordering them in for stock I tried threading them both directions and could not get them to slip or slide no matter the weight load I put on them. I feel confident that no matter which way they are threaded they will hold--Brandon may have experience to the contrary(Do share if I have missed something), but in my testing they have done remarkably well with everything I have thrown at them.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex/Grizz Beak
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakeel View Post
    Bakeel - Just curious, why don't you larkshead the chain link directly to the cinch buckle and eliminate the carabiner? Save a bit of weight.

Jerry
    The "Search" function is your friend!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Dble
    Tarp
    BWWD v2
    Insulation
    Incubator/UGQ FJ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/DutchHook
    Images
    Jerry I thought about that but I am not worried about the extra weight of the beaners. I also don't want to have to fight to fish the webbing through the cinch buckle in the cold/rain/inclement weather when my finger are cold or wet. Plus if I have gloves on due to bad weather it could make it a little harder to fish the webbing through. I will sacrifice a little weight for some ease. I have yet to test my set up other than tugging/hanging/pulling in my office. I will have a better report after the PB Hang.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Umm, if you used either a carabiner or Dutch Clip to connect the end of the webbing loop to itself around the tree, you wont have to undo the buckle...

Images
    i never had them slip due to being threaded backwards, but that's just what i was told by the manufactuer.

if you look close, one side of the moving part has a shorter "ear" on it. threading them backwards puts more force on the side with the short ear i believe. and if you look at the design, it appears to have more surface area/friction when threaded the right way.

also keep in mind that they can slip (i've had them slip personally) if the webbing isn't stacked reasonably on top of eachother. if the webbing is in a severe "v" it can slip. if it's just slightly off it probably won't. it's pretty easy to just make sure the strands are "stacked" as you finish making an adjustment, but if you just yank on it without paying any attention, 1" webbing can go into a "v" and then slip once weighted. just watch what you're doing when making the adjustment and there will be no issue

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakeel View Post
    Jerry I thought about that but I am not worried about the extra weight of the beaners. I also don't want to have to fight to fish the webbing through the cinch buckle in the cold/rain/inclement weather when my finger are cold or wet. Plus if I have gloves on due to bad weather it could make it a little harder to fish the webbing through. I will sacrifice a little weight for some ease. I have yet to test my set up other than tugging/hanging/pulling in my office. I will have a better report after the PB Hang.
    Jerry has a good point. It will be easier to put have the buckle tied to the buckle and put the biner on the end of the webbing. Then you just go around teh tree and click it. No threading involved. But if you like it this way then by all means do it the way you lke best.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast