Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Fitting a Wookie

Has anyone tried fitting a Wookie UQ under a Sparrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Not a Sparrow, no, but I'm using my Wooki under any hammock and it works perfectly. Much better than any other underquilt I used before. I made two daisy chains from some polyester cord because I need different quilt suspension lengths for different hammocks. These go on the head and foot end. Then I clip in the Wooki at the correct length. You might want to start long and work your way up, until the Wooki is snug against the loaded hammock. It's important to have one elastic element and one weak element that fails before the Wooki does. Usually the elastic element *is* the weak link. I managed to snap the original rubber band, and a piece of shock cord that I put in place for the broken rubber band.

If you use your own shock cord, it's advisable to use the strongest one, make it about as short as the original rubber band, and loop it around the Wooki end in the same way (see video).

If you only use the Wooki with one hammock, you can set the quilt suspension to the appropriate length once. After that it goes on like it would with a WB hammock.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have absolutely no input or help to give, but I love my Wooki. Lol! I'm using it on a XLC, so no adjustment needed, but it is a great hammock. Maybe Warbonnet should consider making a version that is applicable to non WB hammocks? Probably be a bit of a market for them.
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    With a little thought, mind I'm not a smart man, I've used my wooki on a Eno junglenest,a go- outfitters go camp hammock and a Wildhorn with what I call success! Almost forgot the NX270 Clark.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Why yes, yes I have!! I was bored, so I went out back and played with a bunch of my gear last fall. Much to my surprise, the wookie fit the Sparrow pretty well. My sparrow is wide at 66". I thik that contributed to the only minor problem with using the wookie on my sparrow. I typically set up my sparrow mostly level. With the wookie on it, I found I need to hang it more like an XLC to get into a sweet spot on the quilt. So, I raised the foot end quite a bit. This allowed my to find a comfy lay a little more toward the head end. I still felt I was SLIGHTLY off center on the wookie, but had full coverage underneath. It would work though. A standard width sparrow might have a more perfect alignment I'm thinking. Here's some pics....
    20170402_141520.jpg20170402_141603.jpg20170402_141458.jpg20170402_141436.jpg

Notice how much higher the foot end is. I laid in it for bout an hour or so and was very comfy. Side lying and everything. It's not 100% perfect, but certainly good enough. I'd say 90% of a perfect fit, if that makes sense. lol
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

• + New Posts