Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Cool, any preferences on which weekend? Luckily my 3 kids aren't into anything at the moment, but once cheer, field hockey and dance start in the fall my weekends aren't mine anymore, so I know how tough it can be to get out and have a day to myself lol. I wanna try to do this on a weekend where everyone that wants to come can....
    I know I'll be in TX the weekend of July 8. Other than that, it's a toss up. Once you set a date, I'll see if I can make my schedule work. Chances are actually pretty slim that I can make it, but I certainly would like to.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    The trail in this area is pretty close to main roads, houses and civilization. There's a shopping center with a Walmart and the Town of North East at the end of the 3 mile section that's in the woods between Perryville and North East, the section of trail that's in Elk Neck State Forrest starts about a mile from there. It starts right on the edge of town. So there's lots of places to park/ eat / gets supplies if needed and a large creek to get water on the hike between wooded sections. The only place to park is between the sections of wooded trail like at Walmart or McD, so we might end up backtracking a a little if we want to set up camp in the state Forrest unfortunately. The other option is to park at Walmart, do that section, hike back to the cars, drive into town and park at the trail head there ( its in a cemetery so no overnight parking but to park for a hike is OK), do that section and then either take the cars back to park and hike back to the Forrest, or just drive out to my house( about 10 mins away) and hang on my beach. That, or do a shuttle. Up to you guys, just let me know.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Chameleon / HH with 2qzq mod 4
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly/ZqDoors
    Insulation
    LL Reaper / GP
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    So has any day been set? Im right down the road from you
    Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. - Plato

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I was just in Bel Air today, took my little one to Toys R Us. Do you have any preferences? I'm free the next few weekends so whatever one works for the most people I guess will be the one lol. All I need to do is grab a few things from Walmart this weekend and I'm good. What does everyone think? Next weekend or the one after? The weather looks about the same for both so.....
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I just did a light scout of the trail sections that are on the road starting on the eastern side of the Susquehanna in Perryville, to where the trail head for the wooded section is and it looks pretty good. The blazes are in good shape and spaced so they are visible from one to the next. Only one small section is a little confusing so Im gonna add a blaze or two so the direction of travel is easier to pick up. Where the trail leaves the road is a large warehouse and it skirts the wood line until it gets to the back edge of the property and goes into the woods. A blaze or two could be added here as well but anyone who has a map shouldn't have a problem keeping on trail. This is a perfect spot to park and start our hike so I got the o.k from security to leave our vehicles for the day. They will be out of their way but still be watched by building security for us for the day. I figure we can start there, and either hike the whole section ( through the woods, into North East, back into the woods into Elk Neck State Forrest) or just stop when we get into N.E . I'm getting a friend of mine to shuttle us from our end point back up to the cars, and from there we can either stealth camp on the trail or drive the 5 mins back to my house and hang on the beach. If we do that then it'll essentially be car camping, so bring whatever amenities you want. There's a grill, pick nick tables, plenty of spots to hang and a pier/beach. I'm just gonna wear a small pack on the trail with my day hike gear plus like a folding saw, some trash bags, can of spray paint ,gloves, knife etc. For any maintenance issues. I'll set up my hammock and stuff down on the beach before I head out that morning. I figure we can meet up between 10-12 hike and stuff until around 4-5 then head back so you guys can set up and then you can do whatever: fish, kayak, swim, lounge, just relax and then either a small group thing for dinner or everyone on their own. I've got a fresh water spring on my beach for clean water there, and there's places on the trail to filter as well. No bathroom on the beach so bring your shovel and tp lol . I'll bring down a cooler with ice and there's plenty of wood for a fire. That just leaves the date. Who can make this coming Saturday or the one after? Any other details needed? Should be fun, hope a bunch of you can make it! The view from the beach Sunday morning will definetly make it worth it, promise!

Hammock
    Chameleon / HH with 2qzq mod 4
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly/ZqDoors
    Insulation
    LL Reaper / GP
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    ok so lets meet up the 7th or 8th. even if its just you and I we can get this done
    Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. - Plato

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I've been keeping up on the thread just in case I can make it, unfortunately I'm heading to Texas for my mom's birthday this weekend. If you have another one in the future I'll try and make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    This Saturday it is then. Anyone else in?

Unfortunately I'm out...have a good time.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by littleblkdog View Post
    Unfortunately I'm out...have a good time.
    Maybe next time then.... I'm planning on doing it again in the fall. It'll be better hiking weather then so we can tackle any larger projects and itll be a great way to get gear dialed in for the colder months. I had to sell my 0° set to help finance my oldest daughters cheerleading competition at Disney this past april, so I'll be ordering a new set in September and I'm sure I'll be itching to "test" it out lol. I'll try to plan it around MAHHA in Oct and the NOVA hang in Nov... So I'll start a thread sometime in mid-late September to give plenty of time for everyone who's interested time to plan ahead. Maybe it can end up being a bi- annual thing every year. I'd even be down to do a winter hang on the beach. Keep in touch brother hope to see ya this fall

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast