Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, agree, good price and high quality, and in terms of business, also adds-on / options. Like this tent and mosquito net https://goo.gl/ssWSKg . Found the idea interesting. If you really like yours, you want to use it in good/bad weather, everywhere you go. And also, in terms of business, you can partner with accessories vendors https://goo.gl/rmJF5Z to fix/repair/improve.

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammockstartup View Post
    Thank you guys for your input! I would have to agree with you after doing some additional research of my own. The market really is pretty saturated. With that being said, what about accessories? Have you ever felt the need for something that would help make your hammocking experience even better? Do you use a hammock cover?

Thank you all again for your time.
    Here is a thread I started with accessories etc people felt were comfort items they need to take. Maybe you can find inspiration here.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...e-a-MUST-bring
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    [QUOTE=kitsapcowboy;1795086]There is only one question that matters: Does it come in all six colors of "Tiger Stripes"?

Ooh, Kitsap, the green tiger is dangerously stealthy!
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Ooh, Kitsap, the green tiger is dangerously stealthy!
    Thanks. I was rather happy with the Tigercam myself...
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

I agree with hutzelbein on someone making a stand similar to the Hammeck stand. I was ready to buy one just as they were no longer available.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    1. Comfort 2. Lightweight 3. Ability to go to ground

Honestly as a backpacker those are more important to me than price or quality. If it's not comfortable, I might as well be on the ground (typically slightly lighter). If it's significantly heavier than a UL shelter, I'd rather not take it. And I'll pay more/put up with a lesser quality product if it can go to ground.

As for your other questions, whatever fits into the top requirements is best for me. So I favor light materials like 1.0 hexon and cuben fiber (or at least silpoly). Bridge hammocks are nice in terms of comfort but they are mostly too heavy (with the exception of the HammockTent, but it has its own issues).

I'm an edge case though. Gathered end mid-weight hammocks that can be highly customized are very popular and are a better bet for making money.
    Last edited by QFT; 06-26-2017 at 16:06.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12