New and wanted to share my projects.

Well, not really new, been lurking for some time. But, instead of paying high prices for gear I have made most of mine and wanted to share some of them. I have made a few, this is one and I'll get some opinions on it right now as I just finished it yesterday and test drove it last night.

This is my winter underquilt!
    Roughly 35-37oz of 600 fill down harvested from and old comforter. (Yes, it was a nightmare.) It consist of the design I found Here. With my own addition of a zipped top quilt that attaches like a cacoon to the UQ. Can be used as a sleeping bag, or separate them for just the UQ and TQ. It was 55° and it was WAY too hot last night. I ended up taking half the Tq off and it comfy the rest of the night.

Not the best pics, but let me know what you think. When I get home I will set up my winter tarp I made from silnylon and get pics and post those along with more of my winter quilt.e2435dc8-37b0-4040-8188-b7ffe36d6450.jpg20170625_200419.jpg

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Welcome officially to Hammock Forums. The quilt looks quite good. Did you burn up at temps in the 50's?

Thanks, I did. Had to strip down to nearly nothing and pulled the TQ halfway down to air out some, lol. It got comfortable enough, I am really interested to see how it does in much colder weather.

The UQ calculator estimated around 0 degree on the UQ then the top cacoon part I am hoping will bring me much closer to that in reality.. Everything was sewn and cut by me, no kit. 1.1 ripstop from ripstopbytheroll. 3" tall channels. 2.50 oz per channel, 8 channels on the UQ, 4 on the TQ.

Sewn on a Singer 66, red eye. (1917ish machine, with foot tredle.)
    Last edited by HDmanagment; 06-26-2017 at 10:01.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Hey, nice work!
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

That is awesome!!! You should check out thrift shops and try to find even better down
    I interview the people behind the outdoor gear we love.

http://behindtheoutdoors.com/

Sorry for not updating with more pics, I will try to do it tomorrow. I'll setup my winter tarp and get pics of it too.

I've ordered materials to make myself a bag in Cuben, roughly 50L. Going to be interesting how that goes.

But, in the mean time my next major project will be a Cuben Hex tarp as my all around 3 seasonish type tarp. Probably see the most use, so really looking forward to seeing how that goes. My winter tarp is silnylon, and is incredibly light for such a big tarp, I can't even imagine cuben on just a Hex. Got a few different idea's how I want to approach the hex with that material, but, I'll see how some things go once I get the material in hand.

• + New Posts