Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla

Question CA > Redwoods > Jedediah Smith Campground

Anyone hammock camp at this campground?

I'm meeting up with some Marine Corps buddies and our families at the end of July at the Jedediah Smith Campground. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for on the parks website, but there was an ominous mention about nothing attached to trees. I'm taking a TATO hammock stand to be sure that I don't have to suffer on the ground, but would like it if my whole family could hang with me (I'm trying to convert them).

Does anyone have any experience with this campground? Do they "patrol" the sites to see if hammocks are hung? Is it a no-no?

Thanks for the help!
    -M

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Un less its a popular tourist park I doubt it'll have much staff, most parks around my airea are either shut or un staffed except on the Ave of the giants. I've never been to that camp site, but I own land with redwoods on it and would suggest not to hang a hammock on one. The bark is so soft that even with straps the hammock will tear them up. I hang on oak, fir and madrone without straps all the time on my 80.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    11' Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla
    Thanks for the pointers Carrico. I'll keep that in mind. Looks like I may be using the TATO after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    It's kind of funny really, one of my pet peeves is when people really get there $%#& in a ring over people not using straps on trees. I've been hanging off the same set of trees in my yard without straps for about 3 years and they showed no sign of damage. However there are a few trees out there that you will severely damaged even with strats and Redwood are definitely one of them. Besides that, they're usually so darn big you won't have enough cordage to get around them. Lol. Anyways have fun on your hang looks like a nice place.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

• + New Posts