Blackbird DL1.1 / ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WntrYeti/Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing

Question I have a few questions...

I currently use a Kalisto hammock form Wal-Mart, but plan to upgrade to a BB by spring. All my current questions pertain to my current hammock.

Question #1: I just ordered a Winter Yeti and am wondering if I will need to modify my hammock at all to use the Yeti. I know the BB has whipped ends and the Yeti's suspension just slips over the end mass of said whipping. My current hammock doesn't have whipped ends and I'm not quite sure how to whip the ends anyway. I have my whoopie sling going straight through the channels on either end of the hammock where the stock suspension was before I upgraded. If I will have to change my hammock to a whipped-end setup, could someone please direct me to a good video explanation, please?

Question #2: I saw Opie has been making some structural ridgelines out of Amsteel, and was wondering if I should do the same for my hammock. What advantage does this have over my current, non-ridgelined hammock?

Question #3: I have heard the Yeti has some problems slipping off one's shoulder after readjusting oneself in the hammock. Is there a simple and, more importantly, cheap solution to this that doesn't require heavy modification?

Question #4: I have some very cheap L-shaped stakes I've been using for my new Speer Winter Tarp, and they seem to keep twisting on me and letting the guylines slip off the stake. I would like to get some tri-stakes, but, since I need so many for the SWT, I am open to other suggestions since they're a bit on the pricey side. If tri-stakes are the way to go, where can I get them for a reasonable price?

Question #5: Is there a better way to run a ridgeline for a tarp from one tree to another without using a Figure 9? I can't stand using it, I keep forgetting how to attach the line to it, my paracord ridgeline slips through it, and just don't want to fiddle with the hardware. I separated my single ridgeline into 2 pieces, which eliminates the need for the Figure 9, but I would like my tarp to last as long as possible, and want to keep as much load as possible off the tarp.

That's all for now. I apologize if this comes out as a wall-o-text.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    1. You shouldn't have to modify the hammock to use the Yeti (or any other under quilt). If your hammock has channels on the end, whipping is not really needed.

2. A structural ridge line helps you to set up the hammock the same way every time.

3. Never used a Yeti so I can't answer this one.

4. Check here.

5. Small biner or if you don't want to use hardware at all just tie some knots.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    3. I sew a small piece of 1/4 elastic loop on the hem of my hammock right at the shoulder and use a small biner to attach it. You can also use a binder clip but it might slide off.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

#5. See this thread. Tlbj6142 proposes a setup that removes the fig9 in post #45.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    #5. See this thread. Tlbj6142 proposes a setup that removes the fig9 in post #45.
    I suggested this basic set up to Climbslacker a few months ago, it works great and is a simple way to do a full ridge line in a matter of seconds.

Link to that post
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    I suggested this basic set up to Climbslacker a few months ago, it works great and is a simple way to do a full ridge line in a matter of seconds.
    Sorry Paul. Didn't previously see that thread.

Hammock
    Blackbird DL1.1 / ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WntrYeti/Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing
    All right! Thanks guys, I made a new ridgeline with 4 prussics and practiced attaching it using my body as the tree and I think it'll work out nicely.

So regarding the structural ridgeline for my hammock, is the reason you want to setup the same every time just so you're more comfortable because of consistency?

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I have a dozen of the stakes HC4U referred to earlier in this thread. How many do you need? If you PM me your address I'd be happy to hook you with them
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

• + New Posts