Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slingbow

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    ah fun toy!good for you- this has been on my to do list for awhile.i have the slingshot and bought the high strength bands at Meijer's and have the arrows-i just don't want to spend the money on the whiskerbiscuit so i will problaby try the key ring and ranger band method first -anyway someday-

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    He's got some amazing slingshots...
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    I have two HH's, 1 Scout, 1 ExpAsym
    Tarp
    Big.
    Insulation
    None.Insultex soon
    Suspension
    Trees! :)
    This is neat!!

I tried to shoot arrows out of my slingshot when I was a youngster... guess I didn't follow through with all of the proper upgrades

Anybody here ever make a slingstaff? You can put rocks THROUGH a barn wall.

Hammock
    I have two HH's, 1 Scout, 1 ExpAsym
    Tarp
    Big.
    Insulation
    None.Insultex soon
    Suspension
    Trees! :)
    Cabella's has the Whisker Biscuit on sale for 9.99

I'm gonna have to build one of these.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    I made two slingbows. Waiting on stronger bands so I can get a 40 lb pull.

The one on the right is a converted slingshot... just added the Whisker Biscuit and shortened the bands. I drilled a little hole for a third tiewrap, so the WBiscuit would stay put.

The one on the left is a 'biner style slingbow. I put 1/4" ringbolts in the band, and a piece of Superman's cape to make it easier to hold. This is supposed to be an EDC slingbow, the idea being that you can carry other stuff on the 'biner, with the bands around your neck, and no will know that you are armed. You need an arrow that unscrews and stows in two parts. (I did not do that... yet)

The arrows are Easton 1820 Genesis aluminum arrows... full length but very light, for kids bows. I broke off the nock and inserted a golf tee, secured with electrical tape. I put slip-on bunny busters over the field tips.

If it is out of Spesnaz shovel range, I can shoot it with a slingbow!

- MacEntyre
    Sweet Mac! I see you found wilderness outfitters vids. I have a black band set to do the EDC thing too. It's funny because I was workin on my slingbow sunday, gettin my golf tees epoxied into the arrows. Does yours whisker biscuit flip down ok? Meant to get mine out this evening but got sidetracked. I shortened up my bands by an inch as well, so I'll let ya know how she shoots.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    ...gettin my golf tees epoxied into the arrows.
    I want to go back to nocks, and replace the leather with a piece of bowstring.
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Does yours whisker biscuit flip down ok?
    I tied mine in permanent, but since I am left eye dominant, I put it in backwards, and it biscuit got shot out of the holder! Thinkin' of leaving it an open ring...
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    I made a couple of sling bows from chinamart slingshots but eventually graduated to the Falcon:
    http://www.slingshotsusa.com/product...oducts_id=1249
    It comes with the rest set up for bowfishing, I've replaced the paracord 'rest' with a whisker bisquit just like I did with the chinamart sling shot.
    The Falcon tested out on a chronometer at 142 feet per second...later we added stronger bands and have hit 158 ft/sec.
    The advantage of the Falcon is that the tubing is seriously thick and longer (thus the speeds close to a recurve) and the spread of the bars for greatly improved accuracy at distance. With the Falcon I'd feel comfortable up to 20yards and many deer have been taken with the Falcon.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Good grief, MedicineMan!

My go to launcher is still my Lofton left handed longbow... did you know that all of the Navi in Avatar shoot their bows left handed?
    - MacEntyre
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    I want to go back to nocks, and replace the leather with a piece of bowstring.

I tied mine in permanent, but since I am left eye dominant, I put it in backwards, and it biscuit got shot out of the holder! Thinkin' of leaving it an open ring...
    That guy Dave Canterbury had his leather replaced with bow string too so he could use a trigger release. That prob allows for a more secure draw. We'll all bring them to a hang sometime and do some target practice. I hope that Dual Survivor show works out for him.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast