Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is the typical government bs. Perhaps they don't have the funds to provide services but then there should not be any funds to keep people out. But then what if the world didn't end and people discovered they didn't need most of the services?

I was in Washington DC a few years back when they closed the government. They had brought in fences to put around the monuments and had funds to do that. It's not like most of the monuments had any services anyway.

I have seen this trickery so many times. One place the library didn't get the funding they wanted so they were going to not be open on Saturdays, the busiest day, rather than say, Monday mornings when the place is deserted.

Another place I lived, the state had a budget crisis so they shut down the state run program that employs the handicapped. But isn't that program self funding? The state pays the salaries of the non handicapped government employees that manage them. Perhaps they would better off managing themselves.

The point of all this bs is it is a ruse to trick us into begging them to tax us more, rather than stop being wasteful.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by sqidmark View Post
    I have a single word that describes government at any and all levels - theft.

Regardless of how noble the intentions may have been while creating a new government, the USA for a perfect example, I hate what they inevitably always become - havens for socio/psychopaths to control the sheeple for grand theft.

BTW, Maine, Connecticut and at least Illinois are all shutting down, if not today then very very shortly. It's merely a race to the bottom that's been in progress for many many years. Some are only just now beginning to see a tiny fraction of the symptoms. This isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

That said, while no fan of the gov of NJ, isn't it the legislature who ultimately control the purse strings? Why single out one lonely shmuck who makes little to no difference?

If you really want someone to blame, you need only to point the finger in the mirror. We the idiots are solely to blame for our own servitude. We collectively ALLOW these psychos to enslave us, primarily because we are too lazy to accept FULL responsibility for our own lives. We always want SOMEONE ELSE to keep us "safe".

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." --Frederick Douglass

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

"What, then, is the law? It is the collective organization of the individual right to lawful defense. ... since an individual cannot lawfully use force against the person, liberty, or property of another individual, then the common force -- for the same reason -- cannot lawfully be used to destroy the person, liberty, or property of individual groups. ... But, unfortunately, law by no means confines itself to its proper functions. And when it has exceeded its proper functions, it has not done so merely in some inconsequential and debatable matters. The law has gone further than this; it has acted in direct opposition to its own purpose. The law has been used to destroy its own objective: It has been applied to annihilating the justice that it was supposed to maintain; to limiting and destroying rights which its real purpose was to respect. The law has placed the collective force at the disposal of the unscrupulous who wish, without risk, to exploit the person, liberty, and property of others. It has converted plunder into a right, in order to protect plunder. And it has converted lawful defense into a crime, in order to punish lawful defense." --Frederick Bastiat

"Don't let me get started..." --sqidmark
    Can't seem to disagree with any of this.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1/R.R.
    Tarp
    UGQ Custom/13ft WD
    Insulation
    UGQ RENEGADE/ZEPP
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutch
    Images
    Always said they locked up all the gangsters that got the scraps , so the Government could have it all !!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brazilianguy View Post
    That is awful ! That's going to make a lot of folks angry.
    That's the point of doing this so the citizens will contact their representatives/senators.

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    AT hikers are gonna rage. But really the shortest way out of the forest is to head to the next state, hike on, hike N or S and select good stealth sights.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!

NO Camping in NJ State Parks This Weekend

The govt complains that it doesn't have enough money to keep the parks open, so it spends more money kicking people out.....

Mao here's the question: since it's "public lands," why can't the public take care of it while the govt is taking a nap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    The govt complains that it doesn't have enough money to keep the parks open, so it spends more money kicking people out.....

Mao here's the question: since it's "public lands," why can't the public take care of it while the govt is taking a nap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The general public consist of..... mostly conformist, that only care about the bubble they exist in, and the needle that can pop it. Very few can make it with out the governments aid and authority, in some form or another. And even fewer look out for the best interests of themselves and others as a whole, in regards of a larger picture being self-governed, responsible and good stewards and neighbors.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by T- Minus View Post
    The general public consist of..... mostly conformist, that only care about the bubble they exist in, and the needle that can pop it. Very few can make it with out the governments aid and authority, in some form or another. And even fewer look out for the best interests of themselves and others as a whole, in regards of a larger picture being self-governed, responsible and good stewards and neighbors.
    The question is, is that the cause , or the effect.

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Personally I think it is both the cause and effect. The evolution of us humans tend to dictate our ability to problem solve and communicate effectively: From youth to mid adulthood we tend to make decisions based on emotional responses and desires, It is not until later when our brain matures to use experience and judgements to shape consequences before they happen to create the desired outcome.
    Then add in the 18-28 years of instructional and social engineering, the 20-40+ years of wealth creation, and a life time of personal relationship building:The combination of these things makes a weighted scale to balance out an actual evolution of improvement of both the person and the people. And after the fact realize that you are bonded to this practice by participation. It is kinda the same reasons why everyone believes that laws actually change behavior and currency is the only way to create wealth. And with the evolution of the Government machine, they make laws based on currency and vice versa, make currency on laws; based on behavior and it's change or transformation of the governed.
    There are 2 faults. The first is as people we need to learn and practice solving our own problems and not making any for others to deal with. Second laws should expire with the people that made them and when the need for that law is lessened to the degree where it not necessary and or redundant. When these 2 things happen our people can see that any Governing body starts with the individual, and when choices are clear and potential outcomes are known better decisions will be the outcome, thus lessening the need to vote in the wolf to save the sheep.
    That being said, I don't see how the ineptitude and an ability to finance it, dictates how I should modify a legal and lawful activity like self transporting via walking,practicing LNT,resting, and continuing my freedom of movement when capable and safe to do so. But I also do realize that the Dogs of our masters are loyal to the hand that feeds it, and is is oblivious to the hand that pays for its food and care.
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I think this move will get him down into the single digits. It will be hard to touch that record!
    Then he can say...I"m number 1
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast