Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I'm not a Google doc pro, but here's the link to the "2017 Gluttony Hang" sign-up sheet for attendees, food, gear etc. If someone wants to pretty it up, go for it. I set it up in landscape mode, so it looks better on a phone sideways. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by michigandave; 09-29-2017 at 06:21.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat 12'
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* + 2oz, Full
    Suspension
    DIY UCR, 1" Straps
    A chocolate milk stout and a robust porter are getting kegged today. Will be bringing a growler of each!

One month from today, the Gluttonous Feast will commence. It's early but here's a list so far of attendees and food contributions. If you haven't decided what to bring, bacon, eggs and jugs of water are always needed. The Gluttons aren't picky and anything put in front of them will be consumed.

Confirmed
    Michigandave (Bacon, Sausage & Peppers, 1lb coffee, craft beer tasting)
    Donk67 (hoagies & provalone, coffee and bacon)
    Turkey (location, paper plates/bowls)
    David14 (pork burgers-n-buns)
    Gregori (Bacon, Big Pot of Soup)
    Squirrel Bait (2# Bacon etc.)
    Andre B & Beth (growlers of craft beer)
    Kg8jk
    Christo456 (the King of the Dutch Oven and the Farmers Breakfast w/tortillas)
    Diablo45
    BMWrider
    Indy138
    VTEmarty
    Altruistguy
    MajorTom and Nancy

And the maybees:
    Badwind
    jdeering
    Dogger
    TZ Brown
    Gargoyle
    Lost Woodsman

Note, for those so inclined, I'm sure a group hike will be happen on the NCT in the Jordan River Valley, since Landslide Overlook TH is only 6 miles from basecamp. I'm hoping it isn't as warm as last year, but it's Michigan and the weather can change fast!
    Last edited by michigandave; 10-03-2017 at 12:58.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ phoenix/ HHSS
    I know you guys/girls will eat anything,haha, would the group be interested in some tamales? I usually bring them to the winter hang in Ludington, so if you've been to that you know how good they are. Let me know if I should bring them .
    Sam

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo45 View Post
    I know you guys/girls will eat anything,haha, would the group be interested in some tamales? I usually bring them to the winter hang in Ludington, so if you've been to that you know how good they are. Let me know if I should bring them .
    Well, yeah... I'm sure we can suffer through them in the interest of politeness. LOL. Seriously, Tamales sound great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo45 View Post
    Those are GREAT, I'll be close to the front of the line
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ phoenix/ HHSS
    Well then that is a yes! I will put them on the list!
    Sam

Hammock
    Dutch 2.4 Hexon 11'
    Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    Getting a little anxious and ready for this weekend to hurry up and arrive.

Started my piles / boxes in my storage room and beginning to try and second guess
    the weather and food lists.... Every time I think about the food I get hungry!!

Fall seems to finally have arrived, although temperatures still ranging 10+ degrees
    warmer than average. Fall colors seem a little muted this year, most likely from
    the warmer dryer weather this past couple months.

Hope the Chili Hang does well with the precipitation this weekend. Next year maybe
    I'll be able to attend that event.

Anyone with food ideas is welcome to PM or post some suggestions. I will be bringing
    plenty of bacon, and probably 3x or more bacon recipes to try. Soup I'm debating
    breaking into 2x different kinds to spread out the possible consumption over a couple
    different meals.

Now I guess it's time to hurry up and wait....

Gregori

I know we'll have a ton of food, but it's nice to have a general idea of how many people are coming & food, so here's the link to the google doc:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J7A_z13krzudc5f34giLLkzR_wnk1GkXfEthgKKrjhs/edit?
    usp=sharing

One thing to add to everyone's list, besides bacon is water. I usually bring one or two of those 2-gallon water containers with the built in tap. There's water up at the main house, but bringing our own is simpler. Turkey will have a big garbage tote for everything that can't be burned in the fire. He's also bringing paper plates, etc...I have the porta potty (supersized version w/nighlight) rented and scheduled for delivery the morning of Nov. 2nd. Firewood: there's plenty of wood available and it's just a matter of getting out in the woods, dropping it and hauling it a short distance back in. An extra chainsaw or two is always appreciated. There will be the main firepit with some big cooking grates, plus a separate metal cooking stand that holds a couple of dutch ovens. It looks like we'll have plenty of canopies for weather protection and the indoor kitchen/food area. Plastic folding banquet tables are always needed, since we always seem to not have enough room. Don't forget to bring a cooler and your favorite chair for lounging around the campfire.

Food: I always figure that we'll have plenty of food and usually 1 or 2 main dishes (sometimes 3) per meal. That being said, plan for a portion size of 10-15 people, since there's always multiple options. Desserts and snacks for the group are always appreciated and consumed by all throughout the day. There's always a pot or two of coffee going plus Dogger's famous campfire cowboy coffee, so extra coffee is always nice to have. If we run out of anything, Meijer's is less than a 20 minute drive away, plus there's a party store for other libations right around the corner from basecamp.

17 more days till we kickoff the 2017 Gluttony Hang!
    Last edited by michigandave; 10-17-2017 at 07:09.

Hammock
    DH Danger bird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wilderness logics
    Suspension
    Straps W/Buckels
    I'm not going to make it to the hang family issues. hopefully next year. have a great time.

Dave

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast