Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Molly Mac Gear $50 hammock... 1.0 Robic XL almost 6' wide, 11' long, kevlar ridgeline, webbing suspension.

[email protected]
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    DIY 11' Hexon 1.6 wide
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyou View Post
    Bought a double size Chillax hammock at Costco last week for $14.97, not shown as being available on line. The 97 cents shows that was a closeout price. The hammock is very similar to a ENO double, with the two seams for a three piece body. The tree straps are not straps, just rope. You can go in Costco and look, regardless of whether you are a member or not. Maybe you can purchase by paying some extra percentage more than the members' prices. You will need to recognize the stuff sack since there was no display sign, just manufacturer's tags on each sack.
    I picked up 2 of those Chillax hammocks last season for $9.97 each. Paired with my 2 sets of 12 foot Harbor Freight lashing straps I got on sale for $2.99 each, that makes hammock plus complete suspension only $12.96. The Becket hitch makes for a quick deploy. I take them to family gatherings and such.

BTW - I think it should be illegal to sell the hammocks with the tree damaging rope suspension they come with.

Quote Originally Posted by smalz1234 View Post
    my height is 5' 8" and i might grow the max of two more inches . My weight is also 210 -215 have been doing best to lose weight so far have gone down from 220
    Would also recommend a 11' and if you are into camping, for one under $50, there is the Outpost https://goo.gl/eXG1As made of 70D parachute nylon, good customer reviews

Hammock
    diy MTN series
    Tarp
    diy winterhex/asym
    Insulation
    EE and HG
    Suspension
    Beckett or buckles
    If you do end up getting an eno type hammock, most likely.... you will spend to get something from SLD or Dutch or AHE etc. Those parachute hammocks are cheap and have a cult following but most of the users are lounging at a park or something and not camping with them. I don't think I have ever heard of a person who got a Dutchware netless and traded it in for an eno. But welcome to the forums! Happy hanging!
    People tend to compartmentalize themselves into IT people, and movie star people, and scientists, but when we share our perspectives about nature, we find a common denominator.
    -Nalini Nadkarni

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    A couple of us bought these kind of on a dare back around Xmas for $10: https://www.amazon.com/CUTEQUEEN-TRA...dp/B014CTVK80/

I threw a set of dutch buckles with continuous loops on there to replace the cheapo ropes (the straps weren't bad, just heavy). So, for about $25 I've got a monster sized hammock for the porch or car campsite. A piece of "tactical cord" I had laying around was added later as a ridgeline to keep the hang more repeatable. So far a lot of bang for the buck but I wouldn't want to hike it anywhere.

Hammock
    diy MTN series
    Tarp
    diy winterhex/asym
    Insulation
    EE and HG
    Suspension
    Beckett or buckles
    At least the amazon one listed above is over 9 foot....
    People tend to compartmentalize themselves into IT people, and movie star people, and scientists, but when we share our perspectives about nature, we find a common denominator.
    -Nalini Nadkarni

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123