Hennessy Hammock Jungle
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym
    Insulation
    Costco Gemini
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxpoop View Post
    I really like the wide width Merrell Moab FST (not the Gore-Tex flavor). Not a minimalist shoe, but the wides just work for me. They are my regular hiking shoe.
    I have the first version of the NB Minimus and I think they were actually the best version. I still use them as a camp shoe, converted to a slip-on with shock cord lacing.
    I agree, and I think the first version's durability is exactly why they stopped making them. I still have mine as well, that looks like a great adjustment for them, thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceCaller View Post
    I swear by my Bedrock Sandles! If you want to try something minimalist, check them out. I have a couple pairs of Synclines (now called Classic) and love them. I love going barefoot but hate stepping in stuff. The Syncline is basically just a Vibram sole you strap on your foot. I think it's the best of both worlds. Every ones feet are different so it's good to have more options to try.

Keep your feet happy.
    Ooh, I'll have to check them out. I've been eyeing the Xero Huaraches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hammock Envy S
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG INCU. 0*
    Suspension
    whoopie
    I often go barefoot luckily the terrain here is mostly sand. I also stand on concrete all day but I don't have to wear steel toe (thank god) For me it's just that I hate shoes, always found it hard to find shoes in my size (14ee)

I've been a long term advocate for minimalist footwear and going barefoot when possible. Feet are like any other part and if we don't use the muscles in them they get weak and this starts producing problems in the long run. You're on the great path to rehabilitating your body into what it was designed to do.

One great way to get close to barefoot, but still have some foot protection is minimalist sandals. Luna, xeroshoes, shamma etc, there are a lot of great companies making some awesome sandals out there that not only do great day to day, but also have traction to help you get around on the trail. If I'm not walking around barefoot at home I've usually got my sandals on and I love it.

Hammock
    Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    As for PF treatment, I've recently stumbled onto Voodoo Floss for compression therapy. It's absolutely the best thing I've tried for reducing almost any type of muscle cramping or soreness, PF included. I have very tight hamstrings, and I just couldn't ever get into a good stretching routine. The Voodoo Floss helped a LOT.
    I actually just got some PF compression sleeves in, not sure if it's similar to the Voodoo floss but I'm going to be checking it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    +1 on the vibram 5 fingers. They are great. I recently cut my foot badly going shoeless, which is no fun.
    There were definitely several times on this hike I would have benefited from some kind of protection. I really just wanted to see what my feet could do and how it was going to affect my PF. Now that I know, I'm definitely going to be looking at more barefoot type shoes, (five fingers, vivo, etc) I definitely wouldn't want a badly cut foot miles from the trail head on a multiday trek.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiceCaller View Post
    I swear by my Bedrock Sandles! If you want to try something minimalist, check them out. I have a couple pairs of Synclines (now called Classic) and love them. I love going barefoot but hate stepping in stuff. The Syncline is basically just a Vibram sole you strap on your foot. I think it's the best of both worlds. Every ones feet are different so it's good to have more options to try.

Keep your feet happy.
    I'm going to add those to my list to check out. I love the open air feel on my feet. I'm trying my best to make them happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    I haven't tried Merrell's Glove series yet, but I like their Moab series. I do , however, have several pair of New Balance Minimus for my workout shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxpoop View Post
    ...I have the first version of the NB Minimus and I think they were actually the best version. I still use them as a camp shoe, converted to a slip-on with shock cord lacing.
    It looks like they've started making the Minimus again, not sure if they're redesigned from the first version or not. They're definitely on my short list to try though. I really dig the shock cord lace mod Not sure how much the 4mm drop would affect things (thinking maybe not much)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeynono View Post
    I often go barefoot luckily the terrain here is mostly sand. I also stand on concrete all day but I don't have to wear steel toe (thank god) For me it's just that I hate shoes, always found it hard to find shoes in my size (14ee)
    I hate having to wear steel toe. It really limits my options on what I can wear at work. I just recently found they have these slip on steel toe covers that go over shoes. May take a look at seeing if those would work over the wider toe boxes of minimalist shoes. Not sure my feet are strong enough to be on unyielding concrete all day yet without cushion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by catastrophedude View Post
    I've been a long term advocate for minimalist footwear and going barefoot when possible. Feet are like any other part and if we don't use the muscles in them they get weak and this starts producing problems in the long run. You're on the great path to rehabilitating your body into what it was designed to do.

One great way to get close to barefoot, but still have some foot protection is minimalist sandals. Luna, xeroshoes, shamma etc, there are a lot of great companies making some awesome sandals out there that not only do great day to day, but also have traction to help you get around on the trail. If I'm not walking around barefoot at home I've usually got my sandals on and I love it.
    I'm definitely feeling the benefits from letting my body work as designed. The more I'm barefoot, the more my back and knee pain subside and I just feel more grounded and stable. I spent a long time always feeling like I had to have shoes on, even in the house. Now I'm realizing that I was depriving myself of a lot of natural benefits Now I'm having all sorts of fun letting my feet be feet again.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Naked and Afraid training

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL,Dutch Argon also
    Tarp
    Cuban HG Winter Pa
    Insulation
    Winter nest or Pho
    Suspension
    Descender Rings
    Mama told me old age is not for sissys!She was right too!I had PF and heel spurs in both feet.Orthodics,ice,rolling a can of tomatoes on carpet etc.,that's what helped me.All this was about 25 years ago and I keep orthodics in every shoe I own.Total gym,tumeric,and baby aspirin keep the lower back pain in check.If walking barefoot is curing you,then stay with it if it's working.No two people are the same.

Hammock
    Super Nova
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Insulation
    Clews
    Suspension
    Rainbows
    Images
    The only problem I noticed with my vibram 5-fingers is that the model I have is for warm weather only and my feet get really cold when it is cold weather. I think they make insulated ones, but this is something to keep in mind when looking at various models.
    I sew things on youtube.
    Hammock origins, not lost to time.

"The woods are full of eager interpreters" - Clifford Geertz

Hammock
    Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Naked and Afraid training
    If I'm naked in the woods, I won't be the only thing that's afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Mama told me old age is not for sissys!She was right too!I had PF and heel spurs in both feet.Orthodics,ice,rolling a can of tomatoes on carpet etc.,that's what helped me.All this was about 25 years ago and I keep orthodics in every shoe I own.Total gym,tumeric,and baby aspirin keep the lower back pain in check.If walking barefoot is curing you,then stay with it if it's working.No two people are the same.
    It's definitely been a wake up call to take things like stretching and listening to my body more seriously. Whatever keeps me walking in the woods I'm going to keep doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    The only problem I noticed with my vibram 5-fingers is that the model I have is for warm weather only and my feet get really cold when it is cold weather. I think they make insulated ones, but this is something to keep in mind when looking at various models.
    I'll definitely keep that in mind when I'm looking. I'm thinking I'll probably stick to lone peaks for the majority of longer high mileage days and situations like colder weather as my feet get cold easily in winter without thick wool socks.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    I have PF in both feet and done the stretches and saw little improvement. The main reason for having PF is that the tendons in the bottom of the arch area are not stretching and going straight from the ball of the foot back over the heal. Do what all have talked about is important but while standing and walking all day it is important to continue stretch those tendons. I went to using Superfeet in all my shoes which allows me to wear boots and hike many miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    That's great that you are able to hike barefoot. I wish I could do anything bare foot. Unfortunately I have nerve damage in one foot and not wearing a sock is not an option for me. My foot is super sensitive. Stepping on a cool tile feels like dry ice to me. I need to find new boots as my current boots are beaten up and they really don't feel good anyway. Hopefully I can find something that eases the pain.
    If the minds of living beings are impure, their land is also impure, but if their minds are pure, so is their land. There are not two lands, pure or impure in themselves. The difference lies solely in the good or evil of our minds.