Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB NS & Prototype
    Suspension
    Whoopie/DutchClips
    I recently switched my stock ENO suspension over to Whoopie Slings (well, I had switched the hefty 'biners out awhile ago); I wasn't that negative about the Slap Straps, I knew that they weren't the best but they worked well enough for me (ignorance was bliss, I guess ).

I've got to say that since switching the suspension over to Whoopie Slings I am much happier. Not only is the weight saving nice, the ease of adjustment is amazing. The second night of the Uwharrie hang my jerry-rigged winter tarp wasn't quite cutting it after the wind changed the direction of the rain. It took me about 30 seconds to shift my whole hammock down wind enough to keep out of the rain (all accomplished from within the tarp). With the old Slap Strap method I would have gotten quite wet adjusting the whole suspension.

I'm not much of a DIY'er either, luckily I won Whoopie Slings and Dutch Clips at the MAHHA hang ; if I hadn't have won them, I would have eventually paid someone to make me a set of Whoopie Slings.

I guess I'm officially joining the long list of ENO hammock fans who can't stand Slap Straps.

Senior Member Carolinahammockhanger's Avatar
    Hammock
    ENO Singlenest w/ bugnet
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Ridgerest
    Images
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like a little saving for some whoopie slings. One last thing. I'm considering the 10ft whoopies for my single nest. Can anyone give me a weight for the eno, whoopies slings, and tree huggers/straps? Yes I am a weight wiener. Hey don't knock it, it gives me an excuse for new gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinahammockhanger View Post
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like a little saving for some whoopie slings. One last thing. I'm considering the 10ft whoopies for my single nest. Can anyone give me a weight for the eno, whoopies slings, and tree huggers/straps? Yes I am a weight wiener. Hey don't knock it, it gives me an excuse for new gear!
    Listed this above, but here you go:
    My ENO Doublenest with AHE whoopies, 4' tree huggers, Dutch clips, and two 3" toggles weighs in at 22.5oz total. It fits, with suspension, into the attached pocket. Your singlenest should be a bit lighter as one would expect. I'm not entirely sure how long my whoopies are, but amsteel is so light that even if yours are a few feet longer than mine, they will only weigh an ounce or so more.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12