Hammock
    Dutch 10' Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    SLD w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    This is a masterpiece! Here are a few tips after spending some time assembling the setup together:

1. If they are not already, slide each zipper tab to each end of the net. It will make assembly easier.
    2. For the Argon strip: the end with the 3 buckles are for the pole end and they face outside (toward the ground).
    3. The non-pole end of the Argon fabric has only one buckle and will also face outside.
    4. Remember that the curved sections of the net (the bumps) go on your head and foot side.
    5. If you're like me who slides the hammock(s) out of the black bishop bag, then connect the continous loops of the non-pole end first. You'll see what I mean in the pictures below.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I am really proud of these and it shows where I am going with the Chameleon line.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    These are a thing of Beauty! A true work of art!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    Just back from a hike up Avery Peak, opened the package and the first question that hit me is what are the female buckle ends for? Future accesssories? Is this one of those things that becomes obvious once set up?

Hammock
    Dutch 10' Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    SLD w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by sqidmark View Post
    Just back from a hike up Avery Peak, opened the package and the first question that hit me is what are the female buckle ends for? Future accesssories? Is this one of those things that becomes obvious once set up?
    They connect to the male buckles on the bugnet. See my post above.

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    Thanks. We did figure it out. Yeah, once you start getting it altogether it makes sense.

Our net is missing the foot end buckle though. I'll contact Dutch tomorrow.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Superfly or Edge
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    Oh. Dang! Been away for a bit and just saw this. If this doesn't get my Mrs. to try hammocking, nothing will. As of now, she's the only ground dweller left in the family. Son and Daughter have seen the light.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    This is a bit of an older thread, but I just came back from trying out the Double Dutch system with my 3-y/o and I owe @Chesapeake a response. I'm quoting him from another thread that's less about double hammocks and more about SLD UQs, so here goes:

Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Let us know how it goes with that set up.... I've been thinking of getting a Chameleon for a while now to retire my XLC, and if I do I will prolly get one for my 6yo with the Double Dutch also...
    Getting back to you on this: the Double Dutch setup is excellent! I found it very easy to reach over and check on my son throughout the night. I wasn't able to get the hang height even between the two hammocks; I had the head end strap of his hammock close to a foot lower on the tree than mine due to his much lower weight, and he was still at least 6-8" higher than I was. That didn't prove to be much of a problem for either of us, but I would have liked to try to get them more even. With the height difference, I ended up with the black fabric of the connector piece creating sort of a wall between us. Next time, I'll try some more tweaking to get the heights right. It may have something to do with the fact that I have an adjustable ridgeline that I think I've made a bit shorter, while his is fixed.

During my setup testing inside, I made the rookie mistake of zipping the connector piece on upside-down, which results in a bugnet that doesn't cover properly. For future reference, the clips go on the bottom. I had it set right before I got it in place outside.

The Chameleon's modularity really shines with the Double Dutch system. I have a Sidesling zipped in between my son's Chameleon and the connector piece. That serves as a place I can put things that we both might need, or just a place I can move toys & things out of his way when it's bedtime. I have a Wooki XL for me and an SLD TW for him, so I don't have to do much UQ adjustment... but if I do, I can easily access the bottom of his hammock while laying down in mine.

All said, I'm pleased I got this kit and look forward to more nights in it!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    This is a bit of an older thread, but I just came back from trying out the Double Dutch system with my 3-y/o and I owe @Chesapeake a response. I'm quoting him from another thread that's less about double hammocks and more about SLD UQs, so here goes:

Getting back to you on this: the Double Dutch setup is excellent! I found it very easy to reach over and check on my son throughout the night. I wasn't able to get the hang height even between the two hammocks; I had the head end strap of his hammock close to a foot lower on the tree than mine due to his much lower weight, and he was still at least 6-8" higher than I was. That didn't prove to be much of a problem for either of us, but I would have liked to try to get them more even. With the height difference, I ended up with the black fabric of the connector piece creating sort of a wall between us. Next time, I'll try some more tweaking to get the heights right. It may have something to do with the fact that I have an adjustable ridgeline that I think I've made a bit shorter, while his is fixed.

During my setup testing inside, I made the rookie mistake of zipping the connector piece on upside-down, which results in a bugnet that doesn't cover properly. For future reference, the clips go on the bottom. I had it set right before I got it in place outside.

The Chameleon's modularity really shines with the Double Dutch system. I have a Sidesling zipped in between my son's Chameleon and the connector piece. That serves as a place I can put things that we both might need, or just a place I can move toys & things out of his way when it's bedtime. I have a Wooki XL for me and an SLD TW for him, so I don't have to do much UQ adjustment... but if I do, I can easily access the bottom of his hammock while laying down in mine.

All said, I'm pleased I got this kit and look forward to more nights in it!
    I am glad it is working out so well for you. We are currently redesigning it so it is symmetrical. That way either person can lay in either direction.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234