HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    They are all nice quilts. And a few vendors have them in stock so it makes it even tougher. I'm thinking of either going back to HG since I really liked what I had before, or maybe trying Loco. Either way I'll be happy I think and both can give me exactly what I want. I do like the SMR TQ, but the length is too long for me, 60" is about the max I like bc I don't pull them over my head. I'll go back and forth a bit and eventually choose somehow lol. Thanks for the insight everyone.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    They are all nice quilts. And a few vendors have them in stock so it makes it even tougher. I'm thinking of either going back to HG since I really liked what I had before, or maybe trying Loco. Either way I'll be happy I think and both can give me exactly what I want. I do like the SMR TQ, but the length is too long for me, 60" is about the max I like bc I don't pull them over my head. I'll go back and forth a bit and eventually choose somehow lol. Thanks for the insight everyone.
    HG and Loco Libre are both nice quilts. The LocoLibre quilts can take a while to get so order early

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    HG and Loco Libre are both nice quilts. The LocoLibre quilts can take a while to get so order early
    Yeah, I was planning on ordering at the end of the month, should have them by the time the temps drop. Until then I can use my CDT and Snugpak sets and be good I think.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Superyfly - MJ
    Insulation
    Cave Creek TQ - UQ
    Suspension
    Ti Cinch
    Check out cave creek hammocks, picked up a set of 0 degree quilts last year and have been nothing but pleased with the customer service and especially the workmanship of the quilts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayit View Post
    Check out cave creek hammocks, picked up a set of 0 degree quilts last year and have been nothing but pleased with the customer service and especially the workmanship of the quilts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will do, thanks.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge/SF
    Insulation
    40/40 30/20 20/0
    Suspension
    Woopie
    I would not want a TQ with a hood. I prefer a down beanie and neck gaitor. In wearing them anyways so the weight of a hood is for nothing.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    So ive decided to go back to HG for my replacement 0° set. It really was hard to choose as ALL of the vendors have excellent gear that's precision made to VARY tight tolerances. I was EXTREMELY happy with the custom Burrow I ordered last November as well as the "Dutch edition" Incubator that I got in December. They made the Burrow to my exact specs, putting the 3ozmof overstuff right where I wanted it and the custom short length was spot on. The Incubator was just the stock Dutch edition with no customization, but it was perfect too and the dark olive and black colors that it came in matched my Burrow and other gears color scheme. So this time around I think I'm gonna have them remake my old Burrow since it was exactly what I wanted/needed and either an Econ , Dutch edition or a regular w/ 3oz overstuff Incubator .If I could get overstuff in the Econ I'd get that, but it would kinda defeat the whole idea of an economy quilt wouldn't it? Same with the Dutch, if I could get the 3oz, id get it, but I can't since its an "in stock" quilt. So that leaves either the a regular Incubator with 3 oz added or the other 2 w/o the +3oz. I really liked my last Incubator but really wished it had a few extra ozs' to keep the loft longer since I used it quite a bit on multiple night hangs where it lost loft after a few nights ,and the added warmth is also a huge plus since I'm a pretty cold sleeper. I'm gonna email Harry and ask about doing a custom where it would be Ion instead of Argon, 3 or 4 oz of overstuff and since I'm only 67" tall either the 73" short or 78" regular , and use the regular 850 down. The standard length was more than long enough but I'm not totally sure the short would be enough. It would be longer than me by 6" ,but don't you want some room on the ends of a 0° UQ to make sure there's no gaps or issues getting a good seal!? Idk, what do you guys think about a custom or seeing if the will add to the econ?
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 08-20-2017 at 17:49.

Hammock
    Still testing
    Tarp
    Various 12 ft
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Buckles
    My wife has a set of the econ 20 quilts. I love the feel of the Ion fabric. It is much smoother/softer IMO than the Argon. If I wasn't a gram weenie in training, I would totally try to do a hybrid with the goose down.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Fickle1 View Post
    My wife has a set of the econ 20 quilts. I love the feel of the Ion fabric. It is much smoother/softer IMO than the Argon. If I wasn't a gram weenie in training, I would totally try to do a hybrid with the goose down.
    I was thinking of going Econ, but I need a custom length for my TQ. After talking with Harry ( he's on vacation and STILL emailed me back, now that's customer service at its finest, and exactly why I went back to HG !) Ive decided to go totally custom and instead of doing overstuff this time, I'm going with a -10° set. Oh yes, I said -10° ! My Burrow will be the same custom short 60" × standard width , olive 67 outer & blk taffeta 67 inner , but instead of adding 3oz to a 0° like I did on my last Burrow I'm going with the taller baffles and more down of a -10°. When he gets back to the shop he's gonna see if I can try out the new design they are gonna release soon so I don't have any probs with "bridging" like I kinda had with the 0° +3. The taller baffle height itself might fix that problem, but I'd still like to try the new design out. For the Incubator, it will be a Short 73" /regular 44" width , olive 90 outside & blk 67 inside , with 5" baffles and a whopping 19 or 20 oz of down, plus their standard % extra...... And that's in a short !!!! Both the 0° 'Bator & Burrow have 15oz, so even though my last Burrow had 18 oz w/ the overstuff, this new -10° with its taller baffles and 19/20 oz will be considerably warmer at 0° and still comfortable at and below -10° as well Harry told me. I don't know if I'll see -10° , but I saw -1° last winter and while I was fairly warm , I wished I had a little more for warmth and a buffer. Once I put on my UQP and winter cover on my XLC , I'll be toasty warm ! I'm gonna order them next week after Harry gets back so I can get them before the fall rush starts. Pics to come! Come on Fall and winter! Ive had enough of this 80° day and 65-70° night crap, I want 50° days and 0° - 30° and they can't get here soon enough!!!

Hammock
    Still testing
    Tarp
    Various 12 ft
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    I was thinking of going Econ, but I need a custom length for my TQ. After talking with Harry ( he's on vacation and STILL emailed me back, now that's customer service at its finest, and exactly why I went back to HG !) Ive decided to go totally custom and instead of doing overstuff this time, I'm going with a -10° set. Oh yes, I said -10° ! My Burrow will be the same custom short 60" × standard width , olive 67 outer & blk taffeta 67 inner , but instead of adding 3oz to a 0° like I did on my last Burrow I'm going with the taller baffles and more down of a -10°. When he gets back to the shop he's gonna see if I can try out the new design they are gonna release soon so I don't have any probs with "bridging" like I kinda had with the 0° +3. The taller baffle height itself might fix that problem, but I'd still like to try the new design out. For the Incubator, it will be a Short 73" /regular 44" width , olive 90 outside & blk 67 inside , with 5" baffles and a whopping 19 or 20 oz of down, plus their standard % extra...... And that's in a short !!!! Both the 0° 'Bator & Burrow have 15oz, so even though my last Burrow had 18 oz w/ the overstuff, this new -10° with its taller baffles and 19/20 oz will be considerably warmer at 0° and still comfortable at and below -10° as well Harry told me. I don't know if I'll see -10° , but I saw -1° last winter and while I was fairly warm , I wished I had a little more for warmth and a buffer. Once I put on my UQP and winter cover on my XLC , I'll be toasty warm ! I'm gonna order them next week after Harry gets back so I can get them before the fall rush starts. Pics to come! Come on Fall and winter! Ive had enough of this 80° day and 65-70° night crap, I want 50° days and 0° - 30° and they can't get here soon enough!!!
    Nice. Is the new design the hybrid one they did for Shug? With the horizontal baffles on the foot box and the vertical on the rest?

Harry is awesome. Being local, I love going up there and talking shop with him and Adam. In fact I think I am going to stop by next week and order a 20deg set.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast