TW Green Hornet
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Time for an upgrade?

Now I have been hammocking a while the novelty of being off the ground and a lot more comfortable has worn off and I have started to notice the finer points mentioned by a lot of others on here. My Hammock of choice still provides me with a good nights sleep and for it's price point you could not ask for more but I am starting to crave a better diagonal lay, maybe a shelf and all the other bells and whistles.
    One issue is location, choices are limited over here, the other issue is I'm a tight git and have to justify to myself spending a wedge of my hard earned. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have no intention of going back to ground dwelling.

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Simply light designs, with 72" wide the shoulder pocket can be tossed over the extra fabric. Alas shelf. Or just get a wbbb. Dream hammock makes same shoulder pocket storage plus a bunch of other nifty storage ideas. The wider and stronger material gives me a more diagonal lay. But I'm 375 lbs. Love both my trail lair and my raven

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    There's seems to be a lot of users "across the pond" that really like the Warbonnet Blackbird. I wonder if any are close enough for them to give you a demo hang. If you can wait till black Friday you can typically get a really good deal on one of these as I know the shipping and taxes are a bit expensive in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    If you can wait till black Friday you can typically get a really good deal on one of these as I know the shipping and taxes are a bit expensive in that area.
    When it's not the taxes it's the S&H.

Other solution is if you have family/friends in the US/Canada they can place order and forward to you along with some american delicatessen (reese's pieces anyone?). You will have a much larger choice for shipping and 0% customs duties.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DL Streamliner
    Tarp
    Toxaway w/doors
    Insulation
    HG/Apex UQs
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    If I'm doing my conversion right, you're in a hammock that's a little over 9' - that's relatively short for sleeping in and probably the main reason you want more lay. The other bells and whistles can be add ons. I'm quite sure if you contact a company that makes hammocks, they might be able to make you a longer one, something around 335cm give or take 10cm. If there's not a company, there's likely a "thread injector enthusiast" somewhere who could help you.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    TW Green Hornet
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Cheers guys, as it happens my brother lives in Canada so I might go down that route. Length does play a part but once again this seems to be the standard over here.

Hammock
    TW Green Hornet
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    After a couple of days of trawling threads and youtube I think I'm gonna start saving for a wbbbxlc