Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    It looks ok.

Thanks again for the video.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    "It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it"

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    I like the idea of the loops along the sides. It caught my eye as I have a soft blanket I sometimes throw inside the hammock with me to lay on top of and have had to try to come up with creative ways to try to hold it in place. My 1st attempt was using large binder clips along the edges to hold the blanket - nope. I then installed grommets in the 4 corners of the blanket and tried to use some 'biners & CL's to to hold it and figuring out where I could clip that stuff to- a little better - but not quite there yet.

Good catch on the bars in the yellow loops Bill. Wouldn't want to hear of another episode of rocket bars flying through the air!
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    I like the idea of the loops along the sides. It caught my eye as I have a soft blanket I sometimes throw inside the hammock with me to lay on top of and have had to try to come up with creative ways to try to hold it in place. My 1st attempt was using large binder clips along the edges to hold the blanket - nope. I then installed grommets in the 4 corners of the blanket and tried to use some 'biners & CL's to to hold it and figuring out where I could clip that stuff to- a little better - but not quite there yet.

Good catch on the bars in the yellow loops Bill. Wouldn't want to hear of another episode of rocket bars flying through the air!
    When you're ready and you know where you want them- if you send the bridge in I can add them for you.

In the short term- I was having some problems with an UQ fitting on a prototype and ended up putting shock cord through the beastie D's along it's side and then across the bridge body and laying on them. It helped suck up the UQ where I needed it to.

Might work with what you're doing too, especially if you 'shoelace' them. Flip the bridge over and go side to side, then criss-crossed with your grommets (maybe add two more to the center) to lace it up. If you add a cord lock or two you'll be able to adjust the tension so the blanket comes a bit tight unloaded but settles into place as you lay into it.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Bridge
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    I just finished my first "operational" prototype bridge (operational means it went into the woods and I survived) and wanted to try it in the field without doing up a new uQ for the trial.

I had already added gear hooks to the 4 corners of the hammock, so I added 4 loops to the corners of the UQ and let the Clew suspension do all the fitting work. I mention this only because the "clew" doesn't get enough credit for how well it works.

It is definitely worth considering as a suspension for a bridge ... just throwing that out there.

Head End

Foot End

Brian

Hammock
    Town's End Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    So, my son already calls the new hammock "base camp."

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser51 View Post
    I just finished my first "operational" prototype bridge (operational means it went into the woods and I survived) and wanted to try it in the field without doing up a new uQ for the trial.

I had already added gear hooks to the 4 corners of the hammock, so I added 4 loops to the corners of the UQ and let the Clew suspension do all the fitting work. I mention this only because the "clew" doesn't get enough credit for how well it works.

It is definitely worth considering as a suspension for a bridge ... just throwing that out there.

Head End

Foot End

Brian
    Congrats on your bridge!

I never personally got into them, but Squidmark was very much a fan of clew suspensions and did several versions on some of my bridges that he was testing.
    I believe he had some posts on the subject floating around and he too was convinced it was a great system...

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie View Post
    So, my son already calls the new hammock "base camp."

HA... I did an experimental Double layer that I lost to my son. Peppy's kids are grown but seem to also be excellent hammock thieves as well, lol.

One of these days I need to post a quick video or instruction set on how to make my el-cheapo RL screen mount. Hanging the tablet from the RL makes 'enhanced testing' even better.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    So, after five nights I've only found one huge downside: the cat jumps into the hammock at 0230, freaks out because it moves (just like it moved last night...) and scares the crap outta me.

I am still experimenting with how much "pop" I like. I think I like more when I roll onto my stomach, and less on my back out sides.

On an interesting side note, my Garmin watch tracks sleep as either "light" or "deep" and my nights in the Luxury Bridge have been more deep (as a percentage of total sleep time) than light, and I was going about 60-40 light to deep on the bed.

And here's a pic of the crazy cat for good measure.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie View Post

I am still experimenting with how much "pop" I like. I think I like more when I roll onto my stomach, and less on my back out sides.

On an interesting side note, my Garmin watch tracks sleep as either "light" or "deep" and my nights in the Luxury Bridge have been more deep (as a percentage of total sleep time) than light, and I was going about 60-40 light to deep on the bed.
    On the 'pop':
    You got the right idea... Most leave it in the middle so you can roll back to side comfortably, as it works well enough for occasionally rolling into belly sleep too.
    Those dedicated belly sleepers set it up for that.

Glad to hear about the improved sleep... very satisfying to hear that for me.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    On the 'pop':
    You got the right idea... Most leave it in the middle so you can roll back to side comfortably, as it works well enough for occasionally rolling into belly sleep too.
    Those dedicated belly sleepers set it up for that.

Glad to hear about the improved sleep... very satisfying to hear that for me.
    Yeah, for those looking into this as a "pain free" sleep thing, I'm not a big guy, but I mangled/broke my back in 1994.

Hammocks have been better than the ground for me, but this is a while nother level.

• + New Posts
  • Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast