Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    I'm officially out of stock on Big Boy bridges (350+lbs)
    Same on bug nets for the near future.

I have a very limited quantity of Luxury Bridges (250lb) model.

The 'happy medium' bridge is in testing, I did discover that the 1.2 hybrid wasn't up to snuff for my 230lbs. So next up will be a batch of those with Hybrid 1.7 and an intended weight rating of 225-250.
    Depending on how testing goes, I'll likely do the two models with a 180 and 225+ rating respectively. I'll be doing carbon fiber poles standard as the goal of this series is a balance between the Micro (10.25 ounce) and the Luxury (20 ounce with CF poles). Something more backpacker friendly with a sub 10' Ridgeline for smaller tarps.

The first rounds of Happy Medium in 1.2 came in at 12.90 ounces with dynaglide, and 13.75 ounces with amsteel internal suspension. The goal with the 1.7 is still keep it under 16 ounces.
    This is a full size (bigger than a RR, bout the same as an Ariel) bridge that is trail worthy.

I'm on the third round of prototype with the trekking poles designed for use with a bridge. Those are at roughly 10 ounces for the pair and seem to be holding up fine for my weight. I'm probably going to order up a few sets and get them out for testing this season. The intention is to pair them with these new bridges for a bridge even an UL hiker could respect but an average hiker would still find didn't compromise on comfort.

With my shop down... might be a while before stock is replenished.

Because of my work and other commitments- I don't take pre-orders or deposits.
    I don't feel it's right to take any money unless I can guarantee a delivery date so I hope you can understand my policy on that for now.

Hopefully as things get put in place with my shop and some potential sewn goods contractors my supply will improve and I can be more accommodating.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Just found this thread after I sent you the email. I should have dove in on the first email....Its all good cause I can be patient..........
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Doing the "Fat Butt" hang with a group in NC this weekend at Medoc Mountain State Park. I'll take a bunch of photos of my BGBH set up and post them here on this thread next week. I'll be trying out my HG Incubator UQ instead of a pad this time.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Looking forward to it.
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Doing the "Fat Butt" hang with a group in NC this weekend at Medoc Mountain State Park. I'll take a bunch of photos of my BGBH set up and post them here on this thread next week. I'll be trying out my HG Incubator UQ instead of a pad this time.
    Excellent! Glad you're going to get a chance to make it to the hang. I believe snwcmpr wasn't the only one hoping to check it out, I'm not sure if Gunner was planning on bringing his too or not.

Most of the Luxury users who've tried are having pretty good luck with the full length incubator. Some of the very broad shouldered guys may need to slide it up towards the head further than they might like to get good coverage across the shoulders and/or use a 'pick me up' in the form of some shock cord running up to the RL. But most seem pretty good simply clipping it on. I've been using a small continuous loop at the foot end so I wasn't over stretching the primary suspension... but basically I just full open the primary and secondary and clip it on with no other issues.

I do think that sizing up 10* is a good plan as being so wide/open/flat you aren't going to get the same full wrap you would in a GE hammock. Most bridges sleep a bit colder IMO, this one even more-so because of the shape and size.
    Here's a few pics I have handy of the incubator setup- https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apygyt54yYPwg7YAPjrOH-t-Xyv0gw

But we can always use more and more tips from everyone Slugger!
    The best information doesn't always come from me as I'm a weirdo...

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge

E-Mails and stock

Just a heads up... I got slammed with inquiries lately and I believe I have gotten back to just about everyone.

Just simply logistics due to my current day job workload... when you email or inquire on the site it gets forwarded to my personal email which I often reply from.
    So if you sent me an email and it's been a bit... check your junk box and likely you'll find it sitting there.

Last weekend I took a few hours and dug deep... I ended up with 4 bridges remaining total. (demos and two virgins).
    Two are sold and I am waiting for folks to respond on the Luxury Bridges remaining... so realistically I will be out of stock completely.

The only thing I have remaining are a handful of Medium Bridges in HyperD 1.6.
    I am switching to Hybrid Robic and won't be doing the HyperD any longer. These bridges are comfort rated around 180 but will hold 200.
    The hyperD is a bit too stretchy but if you are 160-180 they are pretty nice. I have some CF poles for them if folks wanted to pay for the upgrade too... with CF poles they come in just under a pound.

After that... realistically still a few weeks at least for any more stuff to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snwcmpr View Post
    Looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    I believe snwcmpr wasn't the only one hoping to check it out, .....
    OOOOPS. Medoc is too far for me. Another time. Maybe John Rock.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by snwcmpr View Post
    OOOOPS. Medoc is too far for me. Another time. Maybe John Rock.
    Slugger gets his hammock back, lol.

I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I'm not sure if Gunner was planning on bringing his too or not
    I did not take mine as Slugger took his.
    I did talk to several folks who were interested in a bridge hammock made for us not ultra light hammock folks.
    Medoc is too far for me.
    We had hangers from SC, LA and New York attending
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast