Hammock
    Dutch 10' Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    SLD w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    That would be awesome. Perhaps your buddies can spend one of the nights in Batesville.
    I have yet to visit a Sipsey Hang. But if my schedule works out for Nov 10th, I should be able to make it to that one.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundtrip Raven View Post
    I'm going to try and make it to this one. It is going to be a long drive coming from Atlanta after I get off work around 6. I don't want to be arriving in late, so I'll probably just pull off to the side of the road halfway and sleep in the car.
    Great! We would love to have you join us. That is definitely a pretty good trip to make after work. I was looking for a place for you to stop West of Birmingham but could not come up with anything. Several of us were up at midnight so we definitely don't mind leaving the lights on for you. You can keep me updated.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundtrip Raven View Post
    I'm going to try and make it to this one. It is going to be a long drive coming from Atlanta after I get off work around 6. I don't want to be arriving in late, so I'll probably just pull off to the side of the road halfway and sleep in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoncic View Post
    I've got family in Lawrenceville. I might be in Sipsey camping with a few buddies that Friday and Saturday. We can keep the light on for you! I was wanting to make this Batesville hang and meet some new people, but I had already had plans to camp with some buddies. Do you ever make it to the Sipsey Hang?
    Good day Geoncic! Man you guys just come on over to Batesville. You and your buddies are welcome to join at the Blackjack Hang. Both the 2016 Fall and 2017 Spring Hang were a blast.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.0 Robic XL
    Tarp
    MYOG SilPoly Hex
    Insulation
    LL UQ, TQ pending.
    Suspension
    web/buck/contloop
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    Good day Geoncic! Man you guys just come on over to Batesville. You and your buddies are welcome to join at the Blackjack Hang. Both the 2016 Fall and 2017 Spring Hang were a blast.
    Thanks Chris! You going to be at Sipsey this weekend?
    I'll talk it over with them. They are tent campers, and I wanted to take them to see the big tree, but they might be interested in seeing everybody's setup.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Thanks Chris! You going to be at Sipsey this weekend?
    I'll talk it over with them. They are tent campers, and I wanted to take them to see the big tree, but they might be interested in seeing everybody's setup.
    Good day Geoncic I will not be able to make the Sipsey Hang. I am volunteering at our Rotary Club 10 Mile race tomorrow morning and going to spread some dirt in some low spots at our hang spot over the weekend to prepare for our hang. Yall have fun and be safe over the weekend. We will allow tents at our hang..... just across the street on our neighbors property!! There would actually be enough gear to loan them for the weekend if they decide to come.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.0 Robic XL
    Tarp
    MYOG SilPoly Hex
    Insulation
    LL UQ, TQ pending.
    Suspension
    web/buck/contloop
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    Good day Geoncic I will not be able to make the Sipsey Hang. I am volunteering at our Rotary Club 10 Mile race tomorrow morning and going to spread some dirt in some low spots at our hang spot over the weekend to prepare for our hang. Yall have fun and be safe over the weekend. We will allow tents at our hang..... just across the street on our neighbors property!! There would actually be enough gear to loan them for the weekend if they decide to come.
    Haha.

It's potentially me and 4 others.

I just ordered 20 yards of some ripstop that I could cobble together some whipped end hammocks for them, but I don't have enough tree friendly suspension hardware for all of them. I am working on convincing them to do the hang instead of going to Sipsey. The problem is that if it rains, they will definitely have to get in their tents.

I'll let you know if I can convince them to change plans.

Images
    Haha.

It's potentially me and 4 others.

I just ordered 20 yards of some ripstop that I could cobble together some whipped end hammocks for them, but I don't have enough tree friendly suspension hardware for all of them. I am working on convincing them to do the hang instead of going to Sipsey. The problem is that if it rains, they will definitely have to get in their tents.

I'll let you know if I can convince them to change plans.
    Paul, I'll got a couple extra hammocks they can use. Let me dig a bit, I might have a spare tarp or two (no promises just yet). You'll have to work on insulation, but I know Squid will be there and he always seems to have extra UQs and TQs. As you already know, he's a really nice guy. I'll let you know what I can cobble together to help out your friends.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.0 Robic XL
    Tarp
    MYOG SilPoly Hex
    Insulation
    LL UQ, TQ pending.
    Suspension
    web/buck/contloop
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    Paul, I'll got a couple extra hammocks they can use. Let me dig a bit, I might have a spare tarp or two (no promises just yet). You'll have to work on insulation, but I know Squid will be there and he always seems to have extra UQs and TQs. As you already know, he's a really nice guy. I'll let you know what I can cobble together to help out your friends.
    You the man! Worst case, I think I can get them some bulky construction tarps to get through the weekend, and do the sleeping pad+bag if it's not terribly cold. This time of year is like flipping a coin with the temperature.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    You the man! Worst case, I think I can get them some bulky construction tarps to get through the weekend, and do the sleeping pad+bag if it's not terribly cold. This time of year is like flipping a coin with the temperature.
    Thanks DaddyDaddy for stepping up! So glad you are coming! Geoncic, between the lot of us, we will have plenty of setups for you guys. And again, I really don't mind if they want to tent camp. January and February is my favorite time at Sipsey! Yall can reschedule your trip! Hope to see you and friends. Let us know if you are coming and how many and who would need gear as soon as you can!

Hammock
    MYOG 1.0 Robic XL
    Tarp
    MYOG SilPoly Hex
    Insulation
    LL UQ, TQ pending.
    Suspension
    web/buck/contloop
    Chris, I look forward to being there! George from LLG just told me he will be shipping out my UQ in time to make it for the hang!

I am now definitely coming, and plan on being there by noon on Friday.

I am waiting on confirmation from them if they are coming and on what days. I am asking them to commit and let me know in the next 2 days. 2 already dropped out for a boy scout commitment.

If the others do come, here's the status on gear:

There are 2 of them that may come along.
    - I am going to make them hammocks. I think I have enough material to cover their suspension as well.
    - They do not have any bottom insulation, and would be very grateful if they could borrow an Underquilt
    - One my need a topquilt, I have an extra sleeping bag for the other.
    - They both may need a tarp and help rigging and possibly hardware. We do have some heavy rectangle tarps, but not sure how well that will work out if it actually rains.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast