Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle

MN Frozen Butt Hang 2018 Official Planning Thread

The Minnesota Frozen Butt Hang is the premier group hang for those brave enough to camp in sub-zero temps in Northern MN. The hang brings people from all over the country. Bic (Tom) & Hillbilly Deluxe (Ryan) are the planners/hosts this year and will be scouting and prepping a site soon, so stay tuned for exact location details and maps.

Please visit the planning spreadsheet linked below and fill out the necessary information.

Planning Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Also a BIG thank you to the sponsors that have already jumped on board to support the hang:

www.hammockgear.com

www.ugqoutdoor.com

www.multimok.com

www.warbonnetoutdoors.com

www.dreamhammock.com

www.ripstopbytheroll.com

By attending the Frozen Butt Hang I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.

I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity.

In participating in this activity, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
    I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this activity,

I acknowledge that this activity may involve a test of a person's physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, monitors, and/or producers of the activity. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for volunteers.

I understand while participating in this activity, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.

The Accident Waiver and Release of Liability notice shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 11-14-2017 at 17:57.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

If this is the official thread, then why is everybody posting on the other one?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    That is too funny! I reply to these from my phone and didn't even realize. Oh well it's no big deal. Just want to get the info out there for people. Maybe we should start using this post...

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    SMR TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch straps
    Just giving the post a bump up
    Grey Eagle
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” John Muir

I think I posted in the other one... I am a new member and new to hanging... I have been looking forward to this event all year!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by jarebalo View Post
    I think I posted in the other one... I am a new member and new to hanging... I have been looking forward to this event all year!
    Glad to have you join us!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Thank you to our 2018 sponsors who represent the very best in hammock and cold weather camping! Please visit their sites (listed below) and outfit yourself for the hang! Thanks!

2018 SPONSORS:
    www.hammockgear.com
    www.ugqoutdoor.com
    www.multimok.com
    www.warbonnetoutdoors.com
    www.dreamhammock.com
    www.ripstopbytheroll.com
    www.dutchwaregear.com
    www.locolibregear.com
    www.skipulk.com
    www.bonefiregear.com

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Did I read the spreadsheet correctly?!?! 56 people plan on hanging?!?! Better find a HUGE site for this one!!

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    I am sorry I have not been to a MN Frozen Butt hang YET.... so when you mention sponsors does that mean they donated something for every one to use on the hang,, like they provided a meal or is there some type of raffle that goes on? lol either way I am going to be there...
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Did I read the spreadsheet correctly?!?! 56 people plan on hanging?!?! Better find a HUGE site for this one!!
    56??????? Phew, way too big of a crowd for me ;P Hope you all have real good time though.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast