Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by InfuriatedMax View Post
    Indeed it was with gathering firewood(that small splitting axe was excellent), I remember a lot of people not being able to get near the fire. Food was excellent though!

This year with that many people there may have to be multiple fires going on instead of a long fire. That is a lot of people and lot of firewood needed. If Hillbilly needs help gathering firewood have him PM me. I can make a drive up there over a weekend or two.
    We always had a good Canadian fire......long logs..long fire.....less log chopping and make it as long as needed.
    See it at 5:28 below.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by InfuriatedMax View Post
    Indeed it was with gathering firewood(that small splitting axe was excellent), I remember a lot of people not being able to get near the fire. Food was excellent though!

This year with that many people there may have to be multiple fires going on instead of a long fire. That is a lot of people and lot of firewood needed. If Hillbilly needs help gathering firewood have him PM me. I can make a drive up there over a weekend or two.
    That's a super nice gesture and he might take you up on that. We are likely going up in two weekends, and he might go up this weekend too. Members have said that they are going to bring a cord of split wood, so that should help. Also, with everyone being dispersed at different sites around the campground, there should be space for individual fires if need be. given the size of this year's event it will definitely have a different "flavor" than some years past, but it will for sure be a good time!

And I'm with Shug on the long fires..... I don't think the canadians coming would allow anything else
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Excellent job gentlemen!!

How does the new location affect those of us planning to come up on Thursday??

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Excellent job gentlemen!!

How does the new location affect those of us planning to come up on Thursday??
    doesn't change anything - you are free to show up whenever you want that week

Hammock
    DH - Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Bic View Post
    And I'm with Shug on the long fires..... I don't think the canadians coming would allow anything else
    For sure this is the best option. Just wasn't sure if the campground wanted a fire pit 20ft long. New location and all.

Sounds like you guys have it worked out on what is needed, don't be afraid to ask if you need anything else and keep us posted!
    My Youtube Channel: A Year In Camping
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiu...6KWtT23dHHXj1w

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I'd also like to point everybody to the liability waiver/disclosure which has been added to the original post on this thread, to the spreadsheet, to facebook, and will be posted at the hang as well.... it's also below

By attending the Frozen Butt Hang I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.

I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity.

In participating in this activity, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
    I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this activity,

I acknowledge that this activity may involve a test of a person's physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, monitors, and/or producers of the activity. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for volunteers.

I understand while participating in this activity, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.

The Accident Waiver and Release of Liability notice shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bic View Post
    ... I understand while participating in this activity, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns...
    I would add other participants as well since you're including an image release.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigDave View Post
    I would add other participants as well since you're including an image release.
    good call - that should have been in there and was an oversight.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am genuinely fascinated by this having lurked last year.

I just came here to ask to come so as to cut the logs to a size that fits into the fire - I’m not sure I’ll sleep at night now with that thought of all the logs hanging feet out of the fire

I’m afraid I’m not yet ready fer this but maybe one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
    I am genuinely fascinated by this having lurked last year.

I just came here to ask to come so as to cut the logs to a size that fits into the fire - I’m not sure I’ll sleep at night now with that thought of all the logs hanging feet out of the fire

I’m afraid I’m not yet ready fer this but maybe one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With a lotta snow around...not to worry!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast