Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avalonmorn View Post
    Cannibal, do you have a single brother? I need a sensitive man in my life.
    'Sensitive' might not be the right word to describe me, but I'm a fantastic baker and slightly above average cook too!
    Being raised by a single mom appears to have had some side-effects.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Black DIY dual zipper
    Tarp
    Black DIY 10'X12'
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Alas, nothing ever fed into my injector has come out the other end with the quality of yours Brian. Still, mine passed away this past Sunday. It would cost me more to have repaired than I spent on it and it wasn't the greatest of injectors in the first place; Brandon even made fun of it once. You believe that?!

So, I'm a shoppin again. I found a Dressmaker with table on Craigslist for $30, but by the time I called it was gone. Going to a couple of repair shops at lunch to see what I can find. I can't believe I'm sad about a thread injector. My, my how things have changed over the course of my life.
    Well, I do know how you feel my friend. As I posted not to long ago, my thread injector went bye-bye too. Check those thrift stores in your area and you can pick up a good old one for amazingly cheap!
    I'm actually glad my other one burnt up on me. I ended up with a far better one for less than 50$!!!
    "Is this the best you've got?!!" (Shortoff Mtn., Linville Gorge 2010)

"Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid!".....(John Wayne)

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    News flash....

We took all three of our thread injectors down to the sewing supply place to have them tuned and serviced. I got some information which I trust and will pass on to those of you who are looking for said power tools. It seems there are very good reasons some machines show up on Craig's list and/or other individual sales listings. Listen up and take this into consideration... Many of the European machines (particularly Pfaff, Viking and Bernina) make their repair parts available only to retail dealers of their products. The guy would not touch my Viking because he would not be able to get parts for it if needed.

So do some research about the availability of parts and service options. We have no sewing shops which handle those machines in our area. If I had one that needed repair I would be out of luck unless I wanted to travel.

Second reason to buy from a local sewing center as opposed to an ad listing.. The guy knew us. He recognized my wife's machines as ones purchased from his store and through judicious use of the schmooze factor I was able to get him to agree to look at the Viking and at least tune it up unless things were too badly worn. He would not have done that if we did not already have a relationship with his shop.

Of course the fact that we also took 10 pairs of excellent quality sewing scissors down to be sharpened didn't hurt in the least either.

Simply a word to those who are looking to buy or replace their thread injector. I trust this guy implicitly and I am sure he is giving me the straight scoop.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123