Images

PA > MAHHA-Pine Grove Furnace State Park>10-13,14,15-2017 sign up

Don't miss it!!! FALL 2017 PLANNING THREAD

11th Annual Fall MAHHA! SAVE THE DATE FRIDAY OCT 13th - SUNDAY OCT 15, 2017
    Pine Grove Furnace State Park
    1100 Pine Grove Rd, Gardners, PA 17324
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...egrovefurnace/
    GPS Coordinates: Lat. 40.02565 Long. -77.31086

There will be more information as we get it worked out, It will be at he same location as the Spring MAHHA, Pine Grove Furnace. We reserved all 6 group sites and have the pavilion for the 14th. So plan on a weekend of fun, hiking, gear showing, and as always,eating.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Organizers: Dutch, and others!

This is a Family-Friendly Event!

Pavilion: We have the Furnace Stack Pavilion reserved for the entire day Saturday. The cost for this is covered with the raffle monies.

Vendor Sales: As with all MAHHAs...there will be no vendor sales. The MAHHAs are for fun, fellowship, food, relaxation, etc. We, as a group, do not have a sales permit from PGFST, and have no interest in obtaining one.

Demonstrations/instructional times...we would still like more activities and we need volunteers for that. There is a section on the spreadsheet if you want to lead an activity. PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE.
    Here is what we do have scheduled...
    Caldera cone demo by 2Q, Saturday at 10 am- Pavillion This has been a great success because caldera cones are hot hot hot. Tim has a great jig and you can turn simple flashing into a caldera cone. Tim will supply a limited amount of flashing is be sure to sign up if you are interested. Saturday at 10 am- Pavillion
    Webbing, Rope, and Hardware. Saturday at 11 am- Pavillion Dutchware's own Atrane will give a demo of all the different webbing, ropes and bling. Learn more and be able to try everything out for yourself.
    Knife throwing demo by Falkniven, Saturday 1pm stone firepit. Come watch and learn the skill of knife throwing.
    Splicing Demo, Saturday 2 pm_ Pavillion Come make whoopie slings and loops by the best looking hiker in the world. I will supply all the tools and rope.
    Comedy hour, Friday and saturday night- Stone fire pit. Come laugh all evening for our in house comedian and story teller, the one the only, the you better bring a diaper because you will pee a little....Brok Leigh

Meals
    Saturday morning breakfast is a long tradition at MAHHA. Come to the pavilion at the crack of Dutch until 9:30 am.
    Saturday Dinner we will have our community Pot Luck Dinner followed by a group photo. Raffle money will provide pulled pork sandwiches. Be sure to sign up here to contribute to the pot luck dinner.
    Please try to bring your own washable plates and eating utensils to reduce our footprint.

Cell Phone Coverage
    : There is next to no coverage in the park. I have been able to text more often than call. There are some locations where there is some call coverage...but not very reliable.

Free Camping: All of the group sites have been reserved. The cost for these sites is covered with the raffle monies.

Free Firewood: Each of these group sites have their own campfire ring... Friends of Pine Grove Furnace are dropping off a load of firewood on Friday night for free because we have donated to the group in the past.

Or you can bring fire wood...just make sure it is from PA as per PGFST requests. Note: The park allows gathering dead, down wood... but no chainsaws in the park.
    ater: The group site has a water pump near the parking area.

Bathrooms: The group site has men and women's flush toilets and sinks with running water within walking distance.

Parking: With the amount of attendees, there will be a concern for parking. There is a large parking lot at the group sites, but we need to park conservatively. Our group will be the only one using this parking lot, so it will be better than years before. As last year....There will be no parking allowed along the entry road into the group camping area. And there will be no parking allowed on the main road.

Anyone coming for the day on Saturday, will need to park in one of the day use areas...not in the group camping parking lot.

Pre Hikers/Post Hikers...There will be NO parking in the group parking lot before Friday or after Sunday late afternoon. Please do not go to the office and ask....not happening! You can use the Parking area available for the Appalachian trail located near the Furnace Stack Pavilion. You will need to register your vehicle with the office. You may also use the parking lot down the road...at Caledonia State Park...on the other side of Rt. 30. You might need to register your vehicle there also.

Pay Family Campground: It is just up the road on the right. Sites can and should be reserved for anyone not wanting to hang or tent in the Group Camping Area. There are sites with electric. There are sites that allow dogs. There is a bath house with showers and flush toilets for those with sites. Note...Sites with electric that allow dogs have the highest demand. The person reserving sites in the Family Campground is responsible for the cost.

Dogs: Dogs are not allowed in the Group Camping area, but are allowed at the pavilion and at certain campsites in the family campground. Service dogs are allowed anywhere in the park.

Alcohol: No alcoholic beverages allowed in the state park. Rangers will be patrolling the area and will be invited to attend the dinner.

Saturday Morning Breakfast: Dutch is the contact person. Please use the signup sheet to register your attendance.

Saturday Supper: Please use the signup sheet to register your attendance. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and Chicken. The cost for the supper is covered with the raffle monies. Thanks!

Everyone is encouraged to bring a food contribution for the supper. Please see the sign up sheet for suggested food items. There are other items needed...please sign up to bring something if you are able.

Raffle: After the meal, we will holding a raffle, which pays for all costs incurred by our event. Any extra money is donated to the park, the AT, etc., and to reserve sites for the next MAHHA. Tickets $10 each!

Clean-up after dinner: After the meal and raffle: Please make sure you clean up your eating area and take with you, or dispose of, any food containers you brought. This will help to leave the pavilion area in the same or better condition than when we arrived.

Sunday: Sunday when leaving group hang area: Please look around your area before you leave to make sure everything is cleaned up...again...let's leave the group hang area in the same or better condition than when we arrived. If someone forgot something, take it with you and post on HF.

Thanks everyone for all your contributions and volunteer work on this event each year!!! We have a great group!
    Last edited by Dutch; 08-20-2017 at 18:42.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Maybe we can get a break and have a rain free Mahha.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Checking my schedule. Hope to be there!
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    need to make the google doc public.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    need to make the google doc public.
    Let me know if that worked.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    You might want to correct the title - there's a 24 in there that should probably be a 14.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Thank god there isn't a limit to the number of edits one can do to a post.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Let me know if that worked.
    Yes. Docs work now. One more minor edit, it says pavilion reserved for the 8th.

As always, thanks for putting this together.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    sweet! it works! TY Dutch!!
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Putting this in my calendar, it will be my first group hang.

Quick question: if both my daughters decide to come they will likely use the T word. Are there spaces for them in the group area? They won't be too shunned will they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast