Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

AL > SIPSEY WILDERNESS > NOV 10-12 - WOLFPEN FALL HANG

This years fall hang will be Nov 10th - 12th. Location will be at Wolfpen Hunters Camp in Bankhead Forest located on Lawrence County road 6 / Winston County road 60, 2 miles west of Sipsey Rec area. For first timers, there is a vaulted toilet two miles from camp, no water, this is a car camping spot where you can hang very close to your vehicle. If you are a beginner, or just want to come see some different set-ups, this will be a great opportunity. Typical activities include: Good eats, socializing by the fire, guided hikes and stories by Bankheadboy. Squidbilly will post the signup spreadsheet. Hope to see you there.
    Last edited by Waaaayne; 08-25-2017 at 11:59. Reason: ORIGINAL DATE WAS WRONG

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Dang, same weekend as the Blackjack Hang. Hate I will not be able to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    Dang, same weekend as the Blackjack Hang. Hate I will not be able to make it.
    I'm sorry about that. This was a date that was tossed around by some folks that worked and it didn't occur to me to check dates of nearby hangs. I certainly will in the future.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaaayne View Post
    I'm sorry about that. This was a date that was tossed around by some folks that worked and it didn't occur to me to check dates of nearby hangs. I certainly will in the future.
    I may kick around some dates for December and move our hang. I organized the first hang that I attended at Dismals a few years back and I believe it was the first organized hang Squidbilly and DaddyDaddy had attended also. We have yet to reconnect since. Always conflicts with the dates..... Some that attended the spring hang this year at Wolfpen also came to hang out at our fall hang last year and our spring hang this year. I will look at dates and see if maybe we can get this worked out. I would like to attend the sipsey hang myself. Never occurred that it would be an issue either as the Sipsey hang was at the end of October last year.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    I may kick around some dates for December and move our hang. I organized the first hang that I attended at Dismals a few years back and I believe it was the first organized hang Squidbilly and DaddyDaddy had attended also. We have yet to reconnect since. Always conflicts with the dates..... Some that attended the spring hang this year at Wolfpen also came to hang out at our fall hang last year and our spring hang this year. I will look at dates and see if maybe we can get this worked out. I would like to attend the sipsey hang myself. Never occurred that it would be an issue either as the Sipsey hang was at the end of October last year.
    I know Criss, sorry to say - I've missed all your Blackjack Hangs. Couldn't make it last time because I was on-call. So many hangs so little time.

Anyway, here's the sign up sheet:
    docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13fVNljumCYB5WALsTxX7qfp3Ikg06ztH8pHJVtUy57Q/edit#gid=0
    Last edited by squidbilly; 08-24-2017 at 16:20. Reason: additions

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    I should make this one. Not sure about Austin, he has a vehicle and may have other things going on. Soft-serve is hoping to make it too.
    Last edited by Bammacker; 08-26-2017 at 07:05.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    can't make this one, halloween week I will be at the beach and don't want to have to ask my dog sitter to keep my dogs again so close. will probably come hang out Saturday though.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    If I'm town I'll be there. It's looking iffy at this point and i probably won't know for a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bammacker View Post
    Don't think I can make Nov 11-13, I can try for Nov 10-12.
    Good call

Quote Originally Posted by jnunniv View Post
    If I'm town I'll be there. It's looking iffy at this point and i probably won't know for a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Sure hope you make it, we need to see some baby pics

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast