Hennesy so far
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped Down Pad
    Suspension
    JRB's TriGlides
    Images
    Still suffering from post Winter Hang hangover (pun intended); however, wanted to get pix out A.S.A.P.

To see some pix of the trip, go here: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...Winter%20Hang/

Enjoy!

Hammock
    DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    Since it is the title of the thread and all, what single malts were in attendance? This is going to make me even more jealous...
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Stormcrow updates? Anyone?

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Nice to see the Molly Macpack in action. It looked nice and light. It would be great to hear a little trip report about it on that trip.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vitamaltz View Post
    ...what single malts were in attendance?
    Glen Fidich and Oban.

The Scotch ran out, and Sat night Medicine Man produced a bottle of Red Label.

You would not have known any bottles were open, if you had not seen them. A most polite crowd, for sure.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Glen Fidich and Oban.
    I'd be jealous if there wasn't a snifter of Oban next to the computer right now. I'm sure it was a discreet crowd.
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    I just rolled back in to Middle TN. and it looks like Mt.Rogers here! The only difference is the snow is hard as a rock. I can walk on top of it. My wife said she drove on top of it this morning. No tire tracks coming out of the garage. I had a Great time meeting new folks and eating all that Great food! Thanks! also Thanks to HF, Jacks R Better, 2Q & ZQ Hammock Specialties, The Perfect Trees (stormcrow), Switchback Hammocks, Molly Mac Packs, for such Great prizes! I hope I didn't miss anyone! I think I won 5 times! I got those (Great) small carabiners from both JRB and HF and tarp tensioners from JRB(love them) and one of the grand prizes from 2Q & ZQ the Grizz beak doors. It's like adding a garage to my tarp. I now can hang my backpack under the tarp safe and dry off the wet ground with no wind coming in. You have got to Love that!! I do!! Thanks Guys!! I will post pictures later! Thomas
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Nice to see the Molly Macpack in action. It looked nice and light. It would be great to hear a little trip report about it on that trip.
    Thing1 had an Ultralight Molly Mac Pack, almost. The Molly panel was a Peregrine, but the straps and belt were ultralight. I had an older prototype Model 13. We hiked in with about 30 pounds between the two of us, and carried our pulks. Thing1 commented that she did not feel like she had a pack on her back. I used a Front Pack to balance the load, and it worked well, as usual.

WVHammockMaker arrived with his MMP twice... once when he got there on Saturday, and again when he showed up with a load of wood on his back!

When we pulked out, Thing1 and I just loaded our Molly Mac Packs, laid them in the sleds and lashed the load tight. Because the stuff sacks were cinched to the packs, it was like they were lashed in twice. I laid them in with the pack down, and the stuff sacks up. Any water that got in during stream crossings did not get deep enough to wet the load.

I had the Portable Pulk with me, but I did not use it. If I had used it, I would put the shoulder straps up, so you could quickly toss the pack and pulk on your back for stream crossings.

I did not make a pack for the raffle. Instead, I offered a custom Molly Mac Pack, any model. HollowLeg had the second Grand Prize raffle ticket, and when he looked perplexed about what to pick, I suggested that he go with the custom Molly Mac Pack, fitted to his size, that he can grow into and use it for years. His daddy agreed, so he's on the list! His will be a Model 10 Peregrine, with lightweight straps and belt like Thing1 was using.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Thorwren here! Well, I finally got news from Stormcrow, although brief, since his phone was dying and he couldn't talk long. One day and a painful $600 later, they are finally on their way back. Still not certain what went wrong with the truck. I estimate them home around 10PM, and will have a warm dinner waiting. I can't wait to hear about the adventure from them and you know he'll post first thing on here as he walks in the door!

Thanks for your concerns!

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    The transition from gear carrier to wood carrier was pretty easy. I've found the plastic sheath of a Mora knife to be the perfect tool for poking straps through the slots of the PALS array, so I'm much more likely to change the configuration for different uses. The Mora is handy because it slides snugly into the PALS array of the Molly Mac Front Pack. I had some difficulty getting into the shoulder straps with the pack heavily loaded, but that was more because of the number of puffy layers of clothing I was wearing. It might have been true of any pack. If you look at the general locations of the waist belt and the Front Pack connections before you lift the pack, it's easier to find them by feel when putting on the pack.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast