HG Netted
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    HG Inc. Econ 20
    Suspension
    Tree Strap, Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by publicalias View Post
    I was curious about this myself and found the following entry: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Lake_Trail

“Camping is not allowed along the trail. However, there are campsites in two designated campgrounds along the trail. The Old Military Trail Campground and the Slough Creek and Longview Park areas provide adequate camping for the amount of hikers that trek annually.”
    One of my goals for this year is to take my oldest out on a multi-night trip. I feel like it's a big step to go from overnight to multi-night, and adding a 3rd and 4th night really isn't that big a deal.

One possibility seems to be leaving from Slough Creek and camping at Longview (5.6 mi). Hike out-and-back to the same camp a second night, and back to Slough Creek the next morning.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Noah 12
    Insulation
    WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies & toggles
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingKansas View Post
    One of my goals for this year is to take my oldest out on a multi-night trip. I feel like it's a big step to go from overnight to multi-night, and adding a 3rd and 4th night really isn't that big a deal.

One possibility seems to be leaving from Slough Creek and camping at Longview (5.6 mi). Hike out-and-back to the same camp a second night, and back to Slough Creek the next morning.
    This sounds like a mighty good plan, have fun and document so we can all see!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I regularly camp at the sites on the Old Military Trail, and have never once seen another soul up there. The best spot is the second you encounter along the trail (you turn right instead of going straight at the last fork). It's a beautiful site with a really nice fire ring overlooking the water.

If you're doing the Perry Lake Trail in spring or summer, however, I cannot stress enough just how important it will be to use permethrin and deet. There were Lonestar ticks EVERYWHERE last year when we hiked the whole thing, and you do not want to mess with those.

IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_4741.jpg
    IMG_4912.jpg
    "From form to form, beauty to beauty, ever changing, never resting, all are speeding on with love's enthusiasm, singing with the stars the eternal song of creation."

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, 20° bag
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by jhawk View Post
    I regularly camp at the sites on the Old Military Trail, and have never once seen another soul up there. The best spot is the second you encounter along the trail (you turn right instead of going straight at the last fork). It's a beautiful site with a really nice fire ring overlooking the water.

If you're doing the Perry Lake Trail in spring or summer, however, I cannot stress enough just how important it will be to use permethrin and deet. There were Lonestar ticks EVERYWHERE last year when we hiked the whole thing, and you do not want to mess with those.

IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_4741.jpg
    IMG_4912.jpg
    We’ve been looking at Old Military Trail for our next trip, that does look like a fun spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123