Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Suggest one more SHORT video to add to the collection - installation/removal/getting in-out with the bug net. (not that you haven't done enough already...thanks!).
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Suggest one more SHORT video to add to the collection - installation/removal/getting in-out with the bug net. (not that you haven't done enough already...thanks!).
    Hey I was impressed I kept those that short, lol. We just ran out of time to shoot more.

PS- If I remember right I 'set yours up'. So you will literally just clip up the biners, put in the poles and be done. I put it up, attached the RL, installed the bugnet.
    The center adjustment points on the bug net have a mitten hook. To ease entry and use- the are clipped to the ridgeline internally. That 'holds them up' a bit so it's easier to slip inside. Once in, reach up to the ridge line, unclip the mitten hook, give it a little tug to tighten- and just drop it outside the hammock.

I'd like to do:
    A field setup quickie on how to adjust side to side, up/down for level. Bridges are way different than GE hammocks and one of the biggest challenges is explaining that they do not hang the same.
    My bridge (with the ARL) hangs even differently from other bridges... I've seen the testers do a few scary things I'd like to avoid seeing again!

How to put on the bugnet.
    How to adjust/use the bugnet.

The ' Chair Trick' to make sitting in your bridge more comfortable in camp.

How to hang a tricky UQ (Enlightened Equipment Revolt)
    How to hang an easy UQ- (Hammock Gear Incubator)

Peppy is going to test the Arrowhead and UGQ Ambush (Ridgerunner based quilts) to see if they work. He seems to have reproduced a fairly tall fella that will come in handy to check two body types.

How it looks/lays with a few different pads of various sizes. (Exped, thermarest, foam, insultex, etc.)

The Gear trunk (accessory coming up)

Some pouch options to get feedback on for storage accessories.

A quick pitch system for car camping (sorta a lazy slug type bag)

For everyone- A simple Ipad accessory you can make for any hammock that is cheap and easy.

BONUS- I don't share it often... but when you buy my bridge you actually get 3 bridges. So I want to do some videos explaining some additional 'Things' you can do.

Thing 1- If you put a 36" pole in the Head end it makes a deeper, more stable bridge for those who rock and roll too much or want more security but enjoy the view at the head end.
    This is also a big help for those of you concerned about the wide wide head bar and your tarp. Or a handy trick if you know the weather will be nasty and you want to keep things compact. It does require the purchase of an additional bar.

Thing 2- If you reverse the bars... and sleep in it backwards... you get a dramatically different bridge. This one's a bit riskier for bigger guys but seems to be working for me with no wear.

Thing 3- Tune the poles.... this is more of a long term thing but if you get a few months in and feel you need a small tweak or a little customization then we can talk about a custom pole set (trim an inch or two in the head if the natural ridge there is too firm.)
    Or add a little in the foot perhaps. 95% of folks are fine with a standard set thus far... but much like other bridges fine tuning the poles an inch or so may bring this thing from darn good to the best ever for a few of you.
    One of the testers in Wisconsin mentioned a few folks feeling that the end caused their head's to 'fall back'. It could have been the pitch, since it was more than one person... but shortening the head bar by 1-2" does dramatically change the lay in that spot and lower the pillow/ridge. So if you know for a fact you will never belly sleep and that area of the bridge is bugging you... then that's a simple solution.
    Last edited by Just Bill; 09-20-2017 at 14:35.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Outstanding Bill! But with you working 60+ hours a week...don't over-do it! Rest, hydrate, repeat.

I have an HG Incubator, a Big Agnes Q-Core L/W insulated mat, and an Exped Synmat 7 L/W insulated mat that I will try with my first set up of the bridge and take lots of photos for you.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Outstanding Bill! But with you working 60+ hours a week...don't over-do it! Rest, hydrate, repeat.

I have an HG Incubator, a Big Agnes Q-Core L/W insulated mat, and an Exped Synmat 7 L/W insulated mat that I will try with my first set up of the bridge and take lots of photos for you.
    Incubator was super easy (econ version). I literally just opened up the secondary suspension full open and clipped the S biner to each carabiner at the Apex ends of my bridge and done.

The only thing for you- it makes a goofy looking thing as it pops the bridge up because the UQ pulls tight against the poles so you have to be a bit cautious to get in... mainly so you don't have to get back out to adjust anything. Putting a Continuous loop on one side or both would ease that tension if it was an issue for entry and exit.

It will be good to see the Q-core and Exped Synmat especially as I know those are both popular mats I don't happen to own.
    For some of the big guys with big melons- the very thick pads can bring you pretty close to the pole so be aware of that.

Rest- that's my customer's job.
    Repeat- got that covered.
    Hydrate- 12 ounces at a time, a pint at a time if the microbrewery is canning or I get a growler.
    UntappdBackwoodsSupplemental.jpg

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I hope to get my Luxury Bridge today or tomorrow so testing should begin soon!

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    You and Slugger shipped Monday... So if not today tomorrow seems realistic.

The one headed to Hawaii... be awhile longer, lol.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Got the book not the bridge today. I'll let you know if a decent hammock can be found for the reading!

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    That's a sneaky book.
    There's a speed hiking chapter in there but still...

Are these hammocks available, if so, ordering information and cost? I tried the website and a Google search, any information would be greatly appreciated!

Hammock
    JustBill's Biggy Deluxe
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Zepp/LL Ghost Pepr
    Images
    Yes and no. Bill is in business, but, as this is a side job, he’s behind on demand. He also. Recently moved his home/shop. See the thread a few down for an update. Ultimately, you need to email him. He’s a great guy and the Lux hammock is off the chart awesome. It’s well worth the wait.
    But for the grace of God, there, I go...

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast