Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware

DIY 12oz (!) UL Bridge Hammock w/ Carbon Fiber Spreaders, Yukon Outfitters Bug Net, DIY Peak Bag

Three items offered for your hammock pleasure, with respective condition specified below, all ready for the backyard or the backcountry. All prices include USPS shipping. ConUS/PayPal only, please.

1) DIY Cowboy Web Slinger Ultralight Bridge Hammock (All Dutch Components) with Carbon Fiber Spreader Bars -- $140 -- SOLD

So I am selling what is probably my most comfortable hammock... In an effort to clean out the gear closet, up for sale is my Cowboy Web Slinger, an experimental ultralight DIY bridge hammock with integral storage pockets that weighs just 12 ounces including the spreader bars. This was my second DIY bridge hammock build after cutting my teeth on my Cowboy Rope Bridge design. The Web Slinger is a carefully engineered and constructed single-layer bridge camping hammock that is 80" long, 32" at the waist, and 48" wide at each end, compatible with 36" spreader bars. It has been great to carry and wonderful to use. The hammock is made from charcoal grey Dutch Hexon 1.0 mated to a double-layer 1/2" Kevlar tape suspension with Dutch titanium bling end hardware at all four corners, providing connections for underquilts and for the included 7/64" Amsteel Blue suspension legs. The corners are reinforced and the Kevlar connections are sleeved with small hidden patches of 300D pack cloth for durability and UV resistance. It provides me -- at 6'2" 175# -- with a flat, comfortable lay for back or side sleeping that is comfortable compliant without being too stretchy, and I have never experienced shoulder squeeze in it. The end caps are a calculated parabolic shape at each end, consisting of a matching Hexon outer later with a NoSeeUm mesh inner layer to form generous and convenient storage pockets with a shallow fold-over closure at each end. The hammock body alone (including the Amsteel suspension triangles) weighs less than 6 ounces! The secret weapon of the ultralight Web Slinger (and the only non-Dutch components) is the pair of custom-built single-piece 36" x 0.710" Ruta Locura carbon fiber spreader bars, which weigh just over 6 ounces, are super-strong, and lash easily to the sides of your backpack on any adventure. This hammock is in excellent condition after exactly 21 dreamy nights of use, and it has no dirt, stains, or odors. I spent last night in the Web Slinger for its final outing before cleaning it and packing it up; all along I have been carefully monitoring the stress areas of this experimental bridge hammock at the midpoints of the cat-cut edges and at the four corners, and they continue to resist any degradation after 3 full weeks of hanging. This bridge hammock with custom spreader bars is listed and sold as a complete set only, in accordance with forum rules. (You get the complete bridge hammock, apex to apex, plus the pair of CF spreader bars; no other accessories are included in the sale price.) NB: My experience with this hammock at 6'2" and 175# has been absolutely flawless and enjoyable, and I want it to be the same for its next owner, so for safety reasons I DO NOT recommend it to any hanger over 200#, period. Caveat emptor, and, in parallel with such admonishments, please understand that I cannot offer any warranty, express or implied, on its future use under new ownership, only my assurances that it has been built with care, accurately described above, and sold in good faith. I wouldn't sell any hammock I wouldn't continue to use myself under different circumstances. (As insurance, if the ultralight fabric ever does give out, you will still have some beautiful $96 CF spreader bars and over $60 worth of perfectly serviceable titanium hardware, Kevlar tape, and Amsteel suspension -- virtually everything you would need to rebuild the hammock from your fabric of choice!) I am selling the Web Slinger at 20% below my total cost of materials -- less than it would cost you to make one yourself -- $140 delivered in the ConUS, which includes shipping costs for the oversized one-piece spreader bars. Enjoy this hammock.

(Spider-Man not included. My original build thread is here... https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-Beta-Version) )

2) Yukon Outfitters No-Fly Zone Zippered Bug Net -- $30 -- SOLD

Offered for sale is a handy and well-made Yukon Outfitters No-Fly Zone Zippered Bug Net, approximately 118" long at the ridge line with a 48" drop when laid flat. It is a lightweight (approx. 11 oz) add-on NoSeeUm polyester mesh bug net with a central vertical zipper on one side, that quickly converts your netless hammock to a sleep system with full 360-degree insect protection and easy entry/exit. This one is in excellent to like-new condition with 4 nights of use and no damage, dirt, stains, or odors. Smooth-running zipper, will fit most hammocks up to 11 feet in length (110" ridge line). Works with any hammock's structural ridge line, or can use its own external loops to hang over hammocks without using its own independent ridge line (not included). Adjustable toggle clasps at each end provides a tight seal around your hammock to keep pests sealed out. Packs and stores in its own compact integrated nylon stuff sack. These nets work really well, but we've recently reduced the number of netless hammocks in the family, so we have one of these nets to spare. MSRP on the No-Fly Zone is $49.99 plus shipping from Yukon Outfitters; this one is yours for $30 delivered in the ConUS!

3) DIY Epsilon Peak Bag -- $10

My first attempt at a handy add-on peak bag for gathered-end hammocks; made from durable coyote brown 1.55 oz Epsilon ripstop nylon, this peak bag is approx. 13" deep by 12" wide at the opening, with durable sewn-in grosgrain hanging and accessory loops and a heavy-duty shock cord closure finished with a strong barrel-style cord lock. It weighs just 23 grams and holds all your essentials close at hand in the middle of the night. It is yours for $10 delivered in the ConUS!

Please post an "I'll take it" and specify the item(s) you want, and then follow up with a PM to me, and I will try to respond promptly to complete our transaction.

Thanks for looking...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 09-23-2017 at 21:30.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I will take #2 No Fly Netting.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    #2 bug net sold pending funds to IRONFISH45. PM sent...

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    I’ll take #1 Cowboy.... PM me your PayPal info...
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    I’ll take #1 Cowboy.... PM me your PayPal info...
    Funds received. Thank you. #1 hammock w/ bars SOLD to FJRpilot; PM sent.

All other PMs have been answered/sent. Prospective buyers please respond at your earliest convenience.

Somebody by the peak bag (#3) and I can close this thread.
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 09-23-2017 at 13:20.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Two out of three sold. Closing thread. Thanks for your interest.

• + New Posts