Hammock
    Simply Light Designs - Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    I'll admit that I didn't care for the tone of the writer much. Granted, I post videos of my hikes, so I am a "soft-core adventurer" too. Although in the end he does come around to the idea (I guess), but it seems like he makes back-handed comments throughout.

As someone who works a desk-job, watching hiking videos on my breaks gets me through until I can get out again. I also love the videos when I am researching a new area so I can get an idea of what to expect.

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I usually watch them to get a lay of the land in which they hike.

Glad they did not mention me!....been getting a string of truly nasty comments lately but I hit back with wit. Then I block them and banish them from fifedom and erase the comment. They will get no satisfaction. I don't have time for word-cowards. Easy to be tough at a computer.
    Shug
    Really???? who the hell could possible get upset at your videos??? no politics, no religion, no spouting the world is ending......just pure instructional/reviews/trip reports with entertainment thrown in. I'm truly sorry you have to deal with less than intelligent people.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG cf w/ doors 12'
    Insulation
    EE TQ
    Suspension
    WB buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    I started by looking for gear videos and how tos while trying to lighten our gear for canoe trips. While watching one guy's alcohol stove videos, he kept mentioning Shug. So my 1st introduction to Shug had nothing to do with hiking or hammocks. We had seen a couple of guys using hammocks on the river and Laurie kept bringing it up, I said, "I think that Shug guy has some hammock videos" lol hooked.

Then came Dutch, Sintax, Jaxx, C2T, etc....

I watch them for a mix of entertainment, advice, and inspiration! I make videos mostly for my family and friends, its easier to show them than explain what we do.
    Ditto here. As a result, my youtube home page is full of awesome video recommendations. The recommendations get screwed up every once in a while when I have to watch something related to work (bleah), but then I go it and delete those from the history and it's back to all hammocks, hiking, late night tv monologues and movie trailers. I'll have to look up carlisle195, haven't had the pleasure yet!

PS, I'll never understand people who feel like they need to be jerks on the internet (re: Shug's comments about haters). What's the point.... I learned to ignore the jerky responses on my work-related facebook page over the years, and also learned that ignoring them was the best way to really annoy them.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NarlocB View Post
    Really???? who the hell could possible get upset at your videos??? no politics, no religion, no spouting the world is ending......just pure instructional/reviews/trip reports with entertainment thrown in. I'm truly sorry you have to deal with less than intelligent people.
    Had the nastiest ever yesterday. Can't even allude to what they said. I responded.."too bad you hate yourself so much." They tried a comeback just as nasty but I could tell I got 'em. I replied back "your a small person." Then I blocked them and deleted the comment. Why ask for more to pile on.
    One today mocking me and saying I should not be allowed around small children. I responded "Can you afford to throw stones?" Bet the guy will never even figure out what that means. Then I blocked him and deleted comment.
    Sometimes feels good to block and just be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Good for you Shug. I notice some other youtubers hitting back with wit and they do a great job. Gives the haters nowhere to go. Diffusing he negativity. I think some people are just bored; the types that will give the only thumbs down when there are 10,000 ups.
    True. Bored and they hate their own lives. I feel sorta sorry for some of them.

I am not into word-wars as it seems cowardly to me. They would never say it to my face...that I know.
    Last edited by Shug; 09-27-2017 at 13:46.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Had the nastiest ever yesterday. Can't even allude to what they said. I responded.."too bad you hate yourself so much." They tried a comeback just as nasty but I could tell I got 'em. Then I blocked them and deleted the comment. Why ask for more to pile on.
    One today mocking me and saying I should not be allowed around small children. I responded "Can you afford to throw stones?" Bet the guy will never even figure out what that means. Then I blocked him and deleted comment.
    Sometimes feels good to block and just be done with it.

True. Bored and they hate their own lives. I feel sorta sorry for some of them.

I am not into word-wars as it seems cowardly to me. They would never say it to my face...that I know.
    Good man. Don't feed the trolls, not worth your time or energy. You're a good soul and the majority know that. They'll just move on to another to spew their hatred.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks for the link. Personally, hiking/trip videos get me thru the stretches of time when I can't get out myself like when it's boiling hot or shiveringly cold.

I'm completely mystified by people leaving negative comments for Shugs stuff. I don't always click the "Thumbs Up" because I'm forgetful but I don't think I've ever clicked a "Thumbs Down" for any video I've watched and definitely not for Shug's stuff.
    "Behold, as a wild a** of the desert, go I forth to my work." -- Guerney Halleck

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Good man. Don't feed the trolls, not worth your time or energy. You're a good soul and the majority know that. They'll just move on to another to spew their hatred.
    Totally concur. Truly not worth mine. You Tube toughens one up a lot. Skin gets thicker.
    I am a sensitve soul:::

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Runner View Post
    Thanks for the link. Personally, hiking/trip videos get me thru the stretches of time when I can't get out myself like when it's boiling hot or shiveringly cold.

I'm completely mystified by people leaving negative comments for Shugs stuff. I don't always click the "Thumbs Up" because I'm forgetful but I don't think I've ever clicked a "Thumbs Down" for any video I've watched and definitely not for Shug's stuff.
    Don't mind thumbs down...part of growing on YouTube. But really nasty sexual comments irk me and make my hackles rise. I am working on my mercy.

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven 11
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Wow Shug I'm at a loss for words that people even send you bad comments. But in this day and age it doesn't surprise me. Us old school guys just gotta keep on-keeping on. Keep the faith you know who has your back.

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    I usually watch them to get a lay of the land in which they hike.

Glad they did not mention me!....been getting a string of truly nasty comments lately but I hit back with wit. Then I block them and banish them from fifedom and erase the comment. They will get no satisfaction. I don't have time for word-cowards. Easy to be tough at a computer.
    Shug
    Can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would have a bad word for you brother

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 22hornet View Post
    Wow Shug I'm at a loss for words that people even send you bad comments. But in this day and age it doesn't surprise me. Us old school guys just gotta keep on-keeping on. Keep the faith you know who has your back.
    The more popular one gets the more it happens.
    I focus on the good comments which always way outweigh the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by georgecarr View Post
    Can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would have a bad word for you brother
    I get a lot of gret comments and some just hate to see that so have to take me down. They add nothing to our World. Loseville Proper.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast