I've been dating this forum and my girlfriend doesn't know !! 😁

First of all I'm just gonna present myself a little bit and right after I'm gonna post in the topic 'General Hammock Talk' what brought me here specially, which is, choosing my next home for my new winter adventure, and I need your help !!!
    I'm a seasonal worker in agriculture since 3 years and I love to travel and have new experiences specially in the great outdoors . I've lived more than a year in my tent and backpacking through mountains and wilderness in general, that's what I really love to do!!! In this moment I am working in the Netherlands and my contract will be over in the middle of November and I've decided that I want to do a trip from here to Portugal with my bike, don't have plans for how long it's gonna take (that's the magic of that ). I've been reading in this forum( a lot ) and seen a few videos to understand a little bit of hammocking and I am more than decided that I want to do it with a hammock system, for very different reasons.
    So, that's how I got into this crazy and awesome world of hammock spirit/ warrior
    ​​​​lifestyle !

I've forgot to say, maybe it's important �� I'm 5'10 and 165 pounds.

Thank's

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    WB quilts
    Suspension
    Dutch, UCR
    Images
    Hi and Welcome.
    So you will be biking this or motorcycle? With a motorcycle, weight isn't much of an issue. A Bicycle, it still sort of is. I'm 5'11" and find both 10 and 11 feet hammocks about the same comfort wise. Several of the small cottage industries make great products (I have Warbonnents and also Dream hammocks). You also need to decide if you want a gathered end hammock, or a Bridge hammock. If this is a winter trip, you probably REALLY need your most research in Under Quilts and Top Quilts!!!

There is a link, perhaps it is a "Sticky" to a hand spreadsheet that someone built. It has ALL the hammock vendors, quilts and such. Great, however slightly overwhelming, research tool to pick a hammock and gear.
    The other thing to think/research. Will they ship to you? You can also look at the For-Sale forum here, but again, shipping might be an issue.
    Call me Junior

Pirating Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Thanks for the welcome!
    This trip I'm gonna do it with a bicycle!
    That's kind of the size I want, maybe 11'. Because I have a pod system I will go with a gathered end type. Abandonment was I possibility but the xlc is out of stock and meanwhile I've saw some very other interesting ones (like what I explain in my new post in continuation to this in "hammock talks" topic .) A dream is something that I really would like to try but because I'm gonna leave in 1 month or so I don't have the time that they give to do the hammock (which I understand and totally respect ) but I can't do it, specially because I want to sleep in the hammock a few nights before leaving to know if everything is how I like.
    I did a little bit of homework before and I ran almost all of those links and I also some videos and a lot of the ultimate hang site from Derek Hensen and a few others, and maybe that's why I am a little bit confused ahah
    Yes I can try that, I've been checking the sale topic but I need to move fast that's why I need help with more experienced people!!!
    Thanks !!

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Hello and welcome from Marietta GA. Happy hanging!