Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Woodland camo is retro.

Original Mossy Oak is pretty sweet, if you can find it.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I had much the same experience with DIY. The First time I ordered from them I got the auto email and then nothing, after a couple days I got to the point that I knew what I ordered would not be enough so I started trying to call and email and leave messages with both that I needed more and I needed it right away. After a few days and calls every few hours I finally got Mike- the owner to pick up the phone. He talked like this was the first he had heard of the order or my calls. But He said they would get it all out right away, and they did the order showed up a few days latter.

Fast forward a couple months to the next time I go to order. I ran out of the fabric that we had on hand, and a customer that ordered a KAQ New River asks if he could have it done in the fabric from them. So I say sure it will be an extra week or so but no problem. So I order 20 yards or so. and wait. Days turn into a week and I start to wander where the order is. So I start calling. I leave a message and get no response. I leave emails and get no response. Another week goes buy. I call and leave a message and then minutes latter get an email saying it will ship out right away. I email back saying I want the tracking number. Nothing. Days go buy with nothing. I call again and leave a message saying if it has not shipped I just want a refund. At this point my customer had been waiting for his quilt for almost a month. Again Minutes latter I get an email saying that it has shipped and that if I still want a refund just ship the order back when it gets to me (of corse at my expense.) A couple hours latter the shipping email comes through with the tracking info saying that USPS has received notice to expect the package. That tells me the order just then got packed. All of the back and forth and calls where with Mike who told me himself is the owner. He talked as is there where dozens of folks working there but I got the felling that it is a 1 or 2 person operation the way things went. So a few days latter when the fabric showed up it was flawed. It had a line running down the center where the camo pattern did not print at all. So I am hoping mad that after all of that the guy goes and ships me out lousy quality stuff when he knows he has a customer that is getting POed. I know what they sell is seconds but after talking with him the first time he made out like it was that because they were all short rolls 20-30 years and would not be able to get full length rolls.

O well. I think a lot of the time the old saying you get what you pay for rings true. I for one will not be ordering from DIY ever again.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Wow, really makes you wonder about what their business plan (or lack of one) really is.

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    We had 2 almost identical experiences with DIY Tactical.

In Dec. we ordered 3 yds of the 1.1 marpat to examine it. Before ordering, I called on the phone and spoke to somebody. He seemed rather displeased that I bothered him. Waited a few weeks, nothing. Called - no answer on the phone. emailed - no response. After another week, we filed a dispute with paypal. DIY Tactical immediately responded to paypal saying that the order had been fulfilled, but pulled from the mail queue because of the dispute (provided a USPS tracking #) and that it would be mailed when the dispute was canceled. We immediately canceled the dispute and the order arrived 2 days later.

Then, since the 1.1 marpat was good material and we liked the first experience , we ordered another 14 yds of the marpat. Waited 2 weeks and tried calling and emailing again - no answer on the phone and no reply to the emails. Filed another paypal dispute. Again DIY Tactical immediately responded to paypal with a USPS tracking number and that it was pulled from the mail queue until the dispute was canceled. I replied that they had done the same thing before and that I was NOT going to cancel until they provided proof that the order had actually been mailed. A tracking # wasn't sufficient proof since you can get them off the internet just for asking.

Waited another few days, no response and so I escalated this time. paypal said they were having someone look into the matter. 3 days later the order arrived and we canceled the dispute.

At least DIY Tactical bothered to respond to paypal.

We have eliminated DIY Tactical from the bookmarks list.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    O well. I think a lot of the time the old saying you get what you pay for rings true. I for one will not be ordering from DIY ever again.
    hey Paul, thanks for chiming in with your experience.

What you say above most certainly is true. Searching out
    the best possible deals on gear has gotten me to sites
    with really remarkably lower prices, which almost always
    means a much delayed delivery time, and some times has mean
    having to push hard to get product or get a refund.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Original Mossy Oak is pretty sweet, if you can find it.
    We have 10 or 14 yds (I believe) of the Mossy Oak in noseeum. If anybody is interested, I could check and sell 2 or 3 yds if we really have enough. It was seconds and, if I remember correctly there was a swath down the middle where the pattern was blemished. It is heavier than regular noseeum because of the Mossy Oak pattern.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Thanks TiredFeet.

I'd say DIY Tactical has been outted. I was willing to chalk up my experience to the owner having to deal with something distracting in his personal life---which would help me understand the situation, but not generate repeat business---but clearly this behavior is not transient.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    All of this does reflect well upon PayPal...

- MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    All of this does reflect well upon PayPal...

Even more so it reflects that DIY dose not care to much about taking care of the customer unless there is a threat of action against the money they have taken in.

When Griz and Tiredfeet filed with Paypal DIY responded, When I told them I wanted a refund they responded. Shows just how bad the customer service is when the only way to get service is to ask for your money back.

But yah Paypal is a good resource and a having them in between helped to make it where refunds are possible where they may not have been if another way of paying had been used.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Thanks Grizz and pqibson,,, I've never order from them and never will with that kind of service...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast