Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by punkisdead View Post
    How long until we see a next generation RidgeRunner? One that has a completely removable bugnet and a winter top cover option? Or a zippable UQP that could attach to the bugnet/topcover and make a sort of modular spin drift?
    I think that occurs once I buy a spindrift if memory serves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    There's 2 sliders that close when moving toward eachother...like this on each side of the hammock. They meet at your shoulder when fully closed.
    I have a question regarding the zippers. I now have a WBBB XLC and I'm curious about why the zippers are they way they are.
    I had looked at photos and videos and read this thread, I didn't fully grasp what was being said, until I saw and used it in real life. I was expecting to be able to do the zippers from one end to the other end, for both pulls to be able to meet in the "middle" at any point along the side. Now that I have a WBBB I see that full closed they meet at a set spot because it's separate zipper tracks that end at the shoulders.

Why is it designed this way? Is it stronger, able to resist more tension without breaking? Is it necessary to facilitate completely removing the bug-net?

I have also found that when I'm in my hammock sometimes it is hard to do the longer zipper up, it will be easy to do up until I get to past my knee and then the bugnet and hammock body have a gap, the zipper track has a bend, the two tracks don't want to meet. I can pull them towards each other straightening the zipper tracks and bringing them towards each other and do it up. I try not to put too much tension on it as I don't want anything to tear or break. I have also experimented a little with moving into a different position, shifting my weight and that seems to help.

I also notice that sometimes the grosgrain in the bugnet can have a bit of tension. I'm concerned that I am stressing the bug-net and/or zipperh too much and that I might cause things to tear or break, but then when I hold on to it and feel the tension it seems not to bad, perhaps I'm exaggerating.

Am I just laying in my hammock wrong, or are these things normal?

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819