Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dubs View Post
    Last night was my first night in the trees in my recently purchased Expedition hammock.
    I just purchased an HH Asym Expedition online last night. I had looked at the Speer, but changed my mind. I can't wait to get it! I've been using an ENO Single Nest with a "Neo" tarp, but this will be a real step up.

I'm going out for a few days with my old setup, but I can't wait to take the new rig to the Shenandoahs in a week or two. Later this year I'm doing the Smokies and hoping to do the Long Trail.

My dog loves hammock camping as well, because she gets to be outside but still very close to me. In the tent, she had to choose between me and being outdoors. It'd usually depend on the weather as to which she chose. Now she just lays directly under and beside.

Welcome to the hanging world, T-Dubs!

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I just purchased an HH Asym Expedition online last night. I had looked at the Speer, but changed my mind. I can't wait to get it! I've been using an ENO Single Nest with a "Neo" tarp, but this will be a real step up.

I'm going out for a few days with my old setup, but I can't wait to take the new rig to the Shenandoahs in a week or two. Later this year I'm doing the Smokies and hoping to do the Long Trail.

My dog loves hammock camping as well, because she gets to be outside but still very close to me. In the tent, she had to choose between me and being outdoors. It'd usually depend on the weather as to which she chose. Now she just lays directly under and beside.

Welcome to the hanging world, T-Dubs!
    I'd still use the Neo tarp over the stock Hennessy tarp. Way bigger.
    In defense of the Eno, I got to try one out recently and it felt as good
    as my Speer and Hennessy hammocks.
    Would definetely not say that the Eno and Neo tarp are not real set ups.
    Good luck with your Expedition. I've had 2 at various times and they are fine
    hammocks.
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 07-06-2007 at 18:13.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Images
    Welcom to the sight T-Dubs. Breeze, good to see you back. Havent seen you around in awhile. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I've been using an ENO Single Nest with a "Neo" tarp, but this will be a real step up.
    Hey, no fair! I use an ENO setup (DoubleNest with a DryFly) and don't see that as any less of a "real setup". Granted, it was my first experiment into hammocking and, for me, isn't exactly ideal, but it works. It got me off the ground most importantly and I found, after attending the April SEHHA Hangout, that I love DIY gear, which is what I'm planning on going to as soon as possible. Anyway, please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to argue be generally unpleasant, but I think that ENO gear is definitely a "real setup", especially for the beginning hammocker or someone who can't/won't do DIY.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I think that ENO gear is definitely a "real setup", especially for the beginning hammocker or someone who can't/won't do DIY.
    I wonder if people feel that way because it doesn't "come" with a bug solution? I have an ENO Single that I would use if I didn't have a couple of other set-ups that I like better. It is a comfy hammock once you figure out the sag factor. If I had it to do over, I'd have gotten a doublenest; still might.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    If I had it to do over, I'd have gotten a doublenest; still might.
    The DoubleNest affords quite a bit more room, particularly if you want to lay in it in an asym fashion. The first hammock I bought was a SingleNest and it was very comfortable, but admittedly, I like the DoubleNest a lot more. If nothing else, it's great for me and my kid to lounge in or take the occasional nap in on the back porch.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I'm considering using my ENO as a gear hammock. At least then I'll have a viable back-up in case of bad things happening. It is also the one that I lend out to folks who just want to "try" it overnight.

Yeah, I regretted not getting the DoubleNest the first night I got it. I think my little brother just ordered the DoubleNest for his first hammock that he didn't steal from me. I still miss my Traveler!

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    i have a question, why do you feel the eno hammock is a bigginers hammock???
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    B/c it's inexpensive and it's one that a lot of hammockers start with. An entry model, sort of. Lots of hammockers "upgrade" to more expensive models...some are comfortable enough in it to not worry about it. As long as it works for you, it doesn't matter what label anyone puts on it!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123