Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Exclamation USPS tracking system being sloooow again

Just an FYI if your waiting on an order.... My shipping label was printed Monday, and since it was a Holiday, it wasn't picked up until yesterday. No problem there, I expected that. But I just now got an email from USPS that they now have the pre-shipping info .....I should have gotten that email on monday lol. So while my precious are halfway here already, none of the tracking scans have been sent at all. Totally not an issue with HG, I'm positive they sent it out yesterday like they told me. Ive had an order from Dutch take over a week to get here with the first tracking info being sent to me the morning I got the package.... And I live 45 mins away lol. Figured I'd let anyone who's expecting a shipping info update.... HG is on top of shipping orders out on time as always, but the USPS has a busted tracking system.... AS ALWAYS! Lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Expected Delivery on: Whenever we feel like it

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Expected Delivery on: Whenever we feel like it
    Expect Delivery on : a day that ends in "Y"
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    USPS tracking.......oh well.....many packages show up in our mail while the tracking MIGHT show it "in sort" somewhere within 50 miles.

That said, our mail carrier is VERY good. She was expressing some frustration with me today. "Venting". Our neighbors have had a broken mail box for over a year! when the box "leans" away from the road, the lady has to shut down and get out of the truck to reach the box. She's left them a few notes to please fix it. The neighbor also puts out their trash cans and basically surrounds the box! She left them a note to please not do that as she has to stop and walk around trash cans to reach the box. Nothing changed. Monday I guess was the straw! Monday was Columbus day. But the neighbors filed a complaint with USPS about the carrier for "not picking up our mail and no delivery!!!" Gee......
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    USPS tracking.......oh well.....many packages show up in our mail while the tracking MIGHT show it "in sort" somewhere within 50 miles.

That said, our mail carrier is VERY good. She was expressing some frustration with me today. "Venting". Our neighbors have had a broken mail box for over a year! when the box "leans" away from the road, the lady has to shut down and get out of the truck to reach the box. She's left them a few notes to please fix it. The neighbor also puts out their trash cans and basically surrounds the box! She left them a note to please not do that as she has to stop and walk around trash cans to reach the box. Nothing changed. Monday I guess was the straw! Monday was Columbus day. But the neighbors filed a complaint with USPS about the carrier for "not picking up our mail and no delivery!!!" Gee......
    You can't fix stupid!

I wish I had read this BEFORE I kindly asked HG if my order has actually shipped.
    I was kind, and assured them I am not in a rush, but just asking.

Ken in NC
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snwcmpr View Post
    I wish I had read this BEFORE I kindly asked HG if my order has actually shipped.
    I was kind, and assured them I am not in a rush, but just asking.

Ken in NC
    No need to worry, I got you covered.... I emailed Harry yesterday and let him know just in case anyone else was expecting tracking info and not getting it.... making it seem like they (HG) aren't shipping things out on time , when in reality its the USPS tracking or scanning systems that are busted. So your good, He already knows and was expecting calls/emails about orders being sent out. He also said he would let shipping know so they could file a complaint with the USPS lol. I told him I knew my order was sent out since he told me it would be no later than Tuesday so i had them to play with at MAHHA , and that I wasnt complaining, just letting him know that its not being tracked/scanned in case its happening to others as well. He really goes above and beyond doesn't he?

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    OzTrail???
    Insulation
    Tentsile sky pad
    Suspension
    DIY single line
    You guys have no REAL problems at all.
    Im in New Zealand and buy a few things on ebay.

Ive found that ebays global shipping scam is usually very slow but tracking is great.

USPS has, from my persoective, the very best tracking system ive seen.
    The info is eadily accessed and many a time ive used it to force nz post to deliver items they say arent even in the country but USPS tacking shows as cleated customs and delivered to nzpost for final delivery.

Ive even had 2 items this year(one of them 12' of silpoly for my tarp) in my hand and still not showing up at nzpost tracking as in NZ.

The grass is DEAD on my side of the fence

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jadekayak View Post
    You guys have no REAL problems at all.
    Im in New Zealand and buy a few things on ebay.

Ive found that ebays global shipping scam is usually very slow but tracking is great.

USPS has, from my persoective, the very best tracking system ive seen.
    The info is eadily accessed and many a time ive used it to force nz post to deliver items they say arent even in the country but USPS tacking shows as cleated customs and delivered to nzpost for final delivery.

Ive even had 2 items this year(one of them 12' of silpoly for my tarp) in my hand and still not showing up at nzpost tracking as in NZ.

The grass is DEAD on my side of the fence
    Interesting.....Actually I'm impressed with FedEx and UPS tracking. When it says "out for delivery", they mean it. I've checked tracking 20 minutes after Fed/UPS delivers and it already shows "Delivered".
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    Interesting.....Actually I'm impressed with FedEx and UPS tracking. When it says "out for delivery", they mean it. I've checked tracking 20 minutes after Fed/UPS delivers and it already shows "Delivered".
    UPS = I get a delivery notification that my hammock arrived before the UPS driver puts his truck back into drive

USPS = I get a delivery notification that my hammock arrived...while I'm lying in that hammock in the woods!

I just give them a hard time. It's not the end of the world but UPS spoils be with that realtime tracking. 99.9% reliable too. I think there were 2 occasions where it was delayed until the next day. With USPS it can be a day after the day they originally say and they'll change it at a moments notice. And if the truck leaves at 7:55am but the package is sorted and ready at 8:02am, tough luck...it's coming the next day. With UPS I'll sometimes have a package go thru sorting and ready at 11AM...but a second driver will stop by to deliver it, sometimes even late at night.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast