Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Halfed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Hammock
    HH Exped Asym Zip / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Posts
    388
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Why not do it the easy way and simply come to the forums and select the New Posts link?
    Has anyone noticed a problem with "New Posts"? Mine is not working. It is stuck showing the same last ones at some hour today. I can only see the new ones by clicking on activity stream.
    _______________________________________________
    "Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

  2. #12
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Posts
    13,802
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfed View Post
    Has anyone noticed a problem with "New Posts"? Mine is not working. It is stuck showing the same last ones at some hour today. I can only see the new ones by clicking on activity stream.
    I'm seeing the same issue. The thread shows news post at 20:52, but when I look in the thread, there is no new post.

    UPDATE: Curiously, when I go into the thread, I don't see the new post at 20:52, but when I reload the page (while inside the thread) the post shows up (as do a bunch of others I didn't know were there).
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Unincorporated King County, WA
    Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    UGQ Down
    Suspension
    Treeee straps!
    Posts
    65
    I was wondering if that feature existed (that is, have an icon next to a thread name that takes me to the first unread response in the thread).

    Some forums (SMF for example) put a "new" icon in the thread list Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 6.12.36 PM.png taking you to the first message added since I last read the thread.

    The "New Posts" is simply a list of thread names that have updates.
    Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 6.15.29 PM.png
    I can select the thread title (goes to the first page) or I can guess a page to start reading.

    If it's been a while since I visited, I have no idea what page to select to pick up where I left off.

  4. #14
    TallPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Posts
    3,391
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by hang-anon View Post
    I was wondering if that feature existed (that is, have an icon next to a thread name that takes me to the first unread response in the thread).

    Some forums (SMF for example) put a "new" icon in the thread list Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 6.12.36 PM.png taking you to the first message added since I last read the thread.

    The "New Posts" is simply a list of thread names that have updates.
    Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 6.15.29 PM.png
    I can select the thread title (goes to the first page) or I can guess a page to start reading.

    If it's been a while since I visited, I have no idea what page to select to pick up where I left off.
    See posts above for directions on what to click - post 10 for example.
    Or my other post.

  5. #15
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Posts
    13,802
    Images
    3
    I also notice that the home page continuously shows only seven new posts - for several hours today, but when I reload the page, it says 12 new posts. However, when I go into a thread, I still can't see new posts until I reload the page.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 03-19-2019 at 20:35.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Unincorporated King County, WA
    Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    UGQ Down
    Suspension
    Treeee straps!
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    See posts above for directions on what to click - post 10 for example.
    Or my other post.
    Oh, that's subtle, but nice! This dang noob can let you get back to your preferred reading. Thanks!

  7. #17
    Eidson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Posts
    949
    Images
    32
    Yeah, something is definitely going on with the function. This is how I browse the forums almost all the time and it's not working correctly.
    At least I now know it's not only me.

  8. #18
    Halfed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Hammock
    HH Exped Asym Zip / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Posts
    388
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I also notice that the home page continuously shows only seven new posts - for several hours today, but when I reload the page, it says 12 new posts. However, when I go into a thread, I still can't see new posts until I reload the page.
    Same here
    _______________________________________________
    "Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

  9. #19
    TallPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Posts
    3,391
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I also notice that the home page continuously shows only seven new posts - for several hours today, but when I reload the page, it says 12 new posts. However, when I go into a thread, I still can't see new posts until I reload the page.
    May want to start a new thread or ping a mod to get their attention. Not sure they will see all this buried in this thread.

  10. #20
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Posts
    13,802
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    May want to start a new thread or ping a mod to get their attention. Not sure they will see all this buried in this thread.
    I wish I could - hammockforums is pretty much unusable right now. Getting all sorts of strange messages - no new posts, token has expired, really weird stuff.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

  • + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Unread Posts Button?
      By Browny in forum Feedback, Suggestions, and Site Questions
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: 12-15-2011, 16:25
    2. first unread post link missing
      By Schneiderlein in forum Feedback, Suggestions, and Site Questions
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 05-21-2008, 09:46
    3. 1st unread, but not???
      By slowhike in forum General Hammock Talk
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 09-12-2007, 20:29

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •