Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    Gold anodized!?
    Gold plated, actually, a prototype for our High Rollers Club line. We figured the stand is so expensive already, right?

Nope that was an early prototype. The anodizing cost more than the tubing. No plans to offer colors in foreseeable future. My vote would be for black-gray-silver over 4 steps tapered. Our present clear anodizing has benefit of consistency, doesn't fade in sunlight like most colors, and doesn't look (as) damaged when scratched as colors do.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Gold plated, actually, a prototype for our High Rollers Club line. We figured the stand is so expensive already, right?

Nope that was an early prototype. The anodizing cost more than the tubing. No plans to offer colors in foreseeable future. My vote would be for black-gray-silver over 4 steps tapered. Our present clear anodizing has benefit of consistency, doesn't fade in sunlight like most colors, and doesn't look (as) damaged when scratched as colors do.
    I agree re clear or silver. Black anodizing would be a poor choice for this product. Just wouldn't hold up, just as it doesn't on canoe gunwales.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    DynaFly + Tensa4 = Whoooooo Buddy))))
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Delux
    Insulation
    thermarest
    Suspension
    DIY Webbing/Rings
    That looks like a really sweet combo! Thanks for sharing, Shug!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

There's been a lot of discussion about extensions for the Tensa4 to accommodate rigging bigger tarps. Most of the solutions involve adding something that protrudes straight off the ends. As we primarily sleep diagonally, why not extend just one pole on each end and have the tarp be just a bit diagonal as well?

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    There's been a lot of discussion about extensions for the Tensa4 to accommodate rigging bigger tarps. Most of the solutions involve adding something that protrudes straight off the ends. As we primarily sleep diagonally, why not extend just one pole on each end and have the tarp be just a bit diagonal as well?
    You could do that - I have. I didn't like it for several reasons. First and most important: Depending on the pitch of the tarp, the tarp can rub on the tip of the unextended pole. Second, it is better for extending the length of the tarp points rather that raising the height of the tarp. Third, it isn't adjustable.

See the pictures of just that with the tarp extension poles intended for the Tensa Solo vs the tarp extension poles I prefer.44895643_1115180461995862_3748016697051709440_n.jpg44948159_304956660329030_8990310146252996608_n.jpg44779424_566769913753777_7323046920467775488_n.jpg44874528_2174170666170080_6415919895925489664_n.jpg43709515_364934524251264_1379552368877633536_n.jpg

In each case the way I prefer is higher, longer, packs smaller, is adjustable, is lighter, and IMHO easier to install. We are actively working on producing this product.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    You could do that - I have. I didn't like it for several reasons. First and most important: Depending on the pitch of the tarp, the tarp can rub on the tip of the unextended pole. Second, it is better for extending the length of the tarp points rather that raising the height of the tarp. Third, it isn't adjustable.

In each case the way I prefer is higher, longer, packs smaller, is adjustable, is lighter, and IMHO easier to install. We are actively working on producing this product.
    Two things: What I see in the pictures doesn't look longer, just higher. And longer is important with a longer tarp. Secondly, all the latest pics of the Tensa that I've seen have the poles joined so close to the ends that I wouldn't think that a tarp could possibly rub on the other pole...(?)

Just trying to understand!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Two things: What I see in the pictures doesn't look longer, just higher. And longer is important with a longer tarp. Secondly, all the latest pics of the Tensa that I've seen have the poles joined so close to the ends that I wouldn't think that a tarp could possibly rub on the other pole...(?)

Just trying to understand!
    Pictures may not show it well, but the single pole extensions can be adjusted to be primarily longer, or primarily higher, or a combo of both. I can get the tarp at least 6 inches higher with the single pole, at least 4-5 inches longer each side with the single pole, and I can adjust as needed. Granted I was working with a fixed length Tensa pole extension. But the longer that pole the more asymmetrical the tarp is - or the more interference the extensions will have with the tarp.

Yes using an extension IN-LINE with a strut does work, IMHO (having done both) there is no question in my mind that the single pole system I have worked out is FAR superior. Tarp stays off all the struts, you can lower or raise the height of the tarp with it attached simply, much more range in both length and height, easier to use, ...

If you are thinking about a bent pole coming from in-line with the struts, done that also. Struts rotate. So I tried 2 bent poles. Worked better but still nowhere as easy or a compact as what I have in the single pole system. Slept with it every night for 2 weeks. Very happy with it.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    Pictures may not show it well, but the single pole extensions can be adjusted to be primarily longer, or primarily higher, or a combo of both. I can get the tarp at least 6 inches higher with the single pole, at least 4-5 inches longer each side with the single pole, and I can adjust as needed. Granted I was working with a fixed length Tensa pole extension. But the longer that pole the more asymmetrical the tarp is - or the more interference the extensions will have with the tarp.

Yes using an extension IN-LINE with a strut does work, IMHO (having done both) there is no question in my mind that the single pole system I have worked out is FAR superior. Tarp stays off all the struts, you can lower or raise the height of the tarp with it attached simply, much more range in both length and height, easier to use, ...

If you are thinking about a bent pole coming from in-line with the struts, done that also. Struts rotate. So I tried 2 bent poles. Worked better but still nowhere as easy or a compact as what I have in the single pole system. Slept with it every night for 2 weeks. Very happy with it.
    Can't wait to see the finished product! We have a dilemma here as we have 12' tarps. So do we get the extensions or new tarps? I vote extensions. Let me know if you need someone to try them out. Be happy to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    Can't wait to see the finished product! We have a dilemma here as we have 12' tarps. So do we get the extensions or new tarps? I vote extensions. Let me know if you need someone to try them out. Be happy to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    The tarp rolled up on the stand in the pictures is a 12 foot one. Plenty of room. Actually all the pictures I posted on the FB Hammock Forums thread on my 2 week vacation are all with the same 12 foot RSBTR Winter Hex 12 tarp. I will try to find them and re-post here (found them, will post later today)

• + New Posts
  • Page 101 of 122 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast