a few DIY builds
    Tarp
    minifly (untested)
    Insulation
    CDT and EE Rev
    Suspension
    Straps so far
    Quote Originally Posted by jdy98p View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to set up the Tensa with it's own SRL prior to hooking up the hammock? I know that the extra SRL isn't necessary, but wouldn't it make things just a little easier while setting up the Tensa?
    From my attempt that would make it easier and put less stress on the hammock material.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Wouldn't it be easier to set up the Tensa with it's own SRL prior to hooking up the hammock? I know that the extra SRL isn't necessary, but wouldn't it make things just a little easier while setting up the Tensa?
    Extra ridgeline isn't needed. If you want the stand stable without the hammock then use a separate ridgeline. If you use one dedicated to a single hammock that is fine also. It does not add stress to the hammock, that is what the ridgeline is for.

I do NOT LIKE the stand without a ridgeline of some sort. It works, but entry and exit are sporting.

In summary: One ridgeline OK, Two ridgelines just as OK, Zero ridgelines - sporting entry.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Good info
    Most of us have 11 foot hammocks ( all mine are)
    Rather then using my 15 foot straps on mine I’m going to use a shorter premeasured strap and clip my hammocks to stand that way with carabiners
    All have structural ridgelines

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Look what came in today. They are 9.5” and interestingly don’t have a stop at the midway point. I’ll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow with everything set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 11' HyperD 1.6 Tawny Olive
    Images
    jdy98p - I'm really interested in seeing your report on these. I have looked into getting a die made to crimp the ends and it would be too expensive unless I was going to make a dozen.

I'm not sure at what point that would start violating the patent.

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Tensahedron Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DiceCaller View Post
    jdy98p - I'm really interested in seeing your report on these. I have looked into getting a die made to crimp the ends and it would be too expensive unless I was going to make a dozen.

I'm not sure at what point that would start violating the patent.
    Well, as long as you’re not selling them, you’re probably safe with the patent

I like the feel of them, but they did cost just under two 10’ EMT poles each at ~$9 each after shipping. So the primary use is having a stand with 4’ poles instead of 8’. Its useful for me being a townhouse dweller with storage issues.

But I also didn’t want the expense and trouble of making the dies and getting a press setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Look what came in today. They are 9.5” and interestingly don’t have a stop at the midway point. I’ll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow with everything set up.

I'm really interested in seeing how this works as well. 4' poles would be better than 8' for storage and transport.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Tensahedron Stand

Ok, first try tonight was less than perfect, but not because of the connectors. They seem to work great.

Also, while I posted one pic of a connector above, it appears I have two each of slightly different connectors. One type is smooth and the other does have a middle waistline to stop the pipes midway.

What ended up being an issue was my use of a kettlebell for the anchor end. Pro Tip: don’t do that. Ended up tipping down that way when I tried to stabilze and with low-ish ceiling in my basement I made...a bit of a dent.

Also, though I’m not sure if the reason was due to the ceiling stopping me or the pipe not holding my 200 lbs (or some combination), one 4’ pole bent slightly. I gently bent it back and (while probably ill-advised) I’ll try using it again.

The connectors appear to have done *very* well, but I haven’t really tested them. I’ll take the rig out on the deck or front yard this weekend. I’d do it tomorrow, but northern VA decided to snow on the first day of spring.

It appears that the smooth connecter has a better fit with the 3/4" conduit and the waistline one is much looser? is this correct? Also with regards to your curved pole- check for hairline surface cracks. magnifying glass. if you find any I would replace that section. you might try inserting an appropriate sized dowel to reinforce the conduit. good luck

Remember this is EMT, it is designed to be easily bendable, which really makes it less-than-ideal for this. On-the-other-hand, it has good compressive strength if straight, so make sure you get it back straight...

Back on page 20 or so I saw the OP using bamboo, which seems to me it would be better suited for this. But I haven't read all the pages since then. Is there a reason bamboo was scrapped and emt is being tried now?

• + New Posts
  • Page 59 of 122 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast