Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    What an awesome show(s). I slapped them in the old smart phone and cranked them out. Very fun and entertaining. I get a real kick out of them. I did enjoy them once again. Love the fall classics. Like the orange and like the comradery with long time friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    As always thanks for sharing Shug. Can't tell you how happy I was to see you ramble down the Long Trail. The Long Trail was my first long distance backpacking experience, is where I earned my namesake and continues to hold a special place in my heart. You probably picked the best possible time of year to hike the trail. The Long Trail mellows the further south you meander. When you decide to pick up the next section drop me a line.

After the LT, look at the West Coast Trail on Vancouver island.
    Not meaning to go OT, just a teaser for others that live on the East Coast.
    These ladders go all the way from the ravine bottom to the top, then you do another, and another, and another.
    Some of the steps are missing, wet, slippery, .... All are long ways to the top.
    The only advantage is you are at sea level.

Ken in NC
    West CoastTrail Ladders (1).jpg
    West CoastTrail Ladders (2).jpg
    West CoastTrail Ladders (3).jpg
    West CoastTrail Ladders (4).jpg
    West CoastTrail Ladders (5).jpg
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Chameleon wide
    Tarp
    WB MJ
    Insulation
    LL HabUQ, SSSerTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Shug - I saw the shout out to the Circuit in the finale and had been planning on asking you anyway... Was this taken vs. the Ohm for a little extra capacity (little more cold weather gear vs. what you take to say the Linville Gorge) or just for a change of pace, other reason?

Oh and as a surveyor - lovin' the orange!
    Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
    ~Bill Nye

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson Burner View Post
    What an awesome show(s). I slapped them in the old smart phone and cranked them out. Very fun and entertaining. I get a real kick out of them. I did enjoy them once again. Love the fall classics. Like the orange and like the comradery with long time friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thankee and looking forward to checking out yours too/

Quote Originally Posted by snwcmpr View Post
    After the LT, look at the West Coast Trail on Vancouver island.
    Not meaning to go OT, just a teaser for others that live on the East Coast.
    These ladders go all the way from the ravine bottom to the top, then you do another, and another, and another.
    Some of the steps are missing, wet, slippery, .... All are long ways to the top.
    The only advantage is you are at sea level.

Ken in NC
    West CoastTrail Ladders (1).jpg
    West CoastTrail Ladders (2).jpg
    West CoastTrail Ladders (3).jpg
    West CoastTrail Ladders (4).jpg
    West CoastTrail Ladders (5).jpg
    I love that Vancouver area. Looks fun to do. I watch some North Shore myb and uni vids from up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
    Shug - I saw the shout out to the Circuit in the finale and had been planning on asking you anyway... Was this taken vs. the Ohm for a little extra capacity (little more cold weather gear vs. what you take to say the Linville Gorge) or just for a change of pace, other reason?

Oh and as a surveyor - lovin' the orange!
    Yessir...just wanted a bit more room for food and warmer clothes and did carry a pad I never used for the first part of the trip. Then ditched it.
    Plus I just like switching around.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Zeppelin
    Suspension
    StrapsBeetleBuckle
    I watched the first 3 videos. Awesome! Had a full weekend outdoors but I'm looking forward tonight to check out the latest. Thank You for the videos.

About 5 years ago we did about 10 days on the trail. Now I've hiked all the 4K peaks in the White Mountains and Maine, hiked in the European Alps a lot, hiked out west in Wind River Range, muddy Azorean trails ... but the LT kicked our butt the most. :-) Up and down, slippery, rooty, muddy, wet and then sunny and gorgeous ... just awesome but I learned to not underestimate Vermont :-)

Last edited by brambor; 10-23-2017 at 14:19.
    Swinging in the air with a flair.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter dream
    Insulation
    850 down+body fat
    Suspension
    Woopeeeee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Hickery owns the domain.
    But alas......unconstructed.
    That's great... Glad to hear he's got it covered.
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
    * Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brambor View Post
    I watched the first 3 videos. Awesome! Had a full weekend outdoors but I'm looking forward tonight to check out the latest. Thank You for the videos.

About 5 years ago we did about 10 days on the trail. Now I've hiked all the 4K peaks in the White Mountains and Maine, hiked in the European Alps a lot, hiked out west in Wind River Range, muddy Azorean trails ... but the LT kicked our butt the most. :-) Up and down, slippery, rooty, muddy, wet and then sunny and gorgeous ... just awesome but I learned to not underestimate Vermont :-)
    Our buttocks sure felt it! Glad we are not alone that.

Quote Originally Posted by Milwaukee Dan View Post
    That's great... Glad to hear he's got it covered.
    Well.........I do hope he does get something up sometime.

Corliss Shelter and Davis Neighborhood Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Our buttocks sure felt it! Glad we are not alone that.

Well.........I do hope he does get something up sometime.

Hello Shug, love your stuff. When I'm your age, I wanna be just like you (next year). Thanks for coming to VT and taking us all on your little journey. I've done the LT and must agree with everything you've said. And isn't the hoot of those owls in the dead of the night surreal or what?

Quick story about Corliss shelter: Back when I was a boy, nearly all of the fully enclosed LT shelters had wood stoves. But, because of some fires, and the continual encroachment of larger and larger crowds, they were removed one by one. But Corliss still had one. My hiking buddy (Rigger) and I used to get off work late, and snow shoe up to Corliss on the Davis Neighborhood Trail, typically an easy blue blaze 1.5ish miles from the car. And gradual up, as opposed to most of the rest of the trail. So one cold night, we got caught in a snow squall on the way, snow shoes and head lamps. But we knew it would be worth it to get there and fire up the old wood stove. Imagine the look on our faces when we stumbled over the threshold, steam rising from our clothes, to gaze upon that new table you sat at while making an entry into the log book INSTEAD of the wood stove. We had little choice but to roll out our gear and make the best of it. It got down to 3 degrees that night. Long night.

But it sure was cool to see that pic of you sitting there. Would have loved to meet you and buy you and your wingman a cup of coffee (with maple syrup of course)

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AMStryder View Post
    Hello Shug, love your stuff. When I'm your age, I wanna be just like you (next year). Thanks for coming to VT and taking us all on your little journey. I've done the LT and must agree with everything you've said. And isn't the hoot of those owls in the dead of the night surreal or what?

Quick story about Corliss shelter: Back when I was a boy, nearly all of the fully enclosed LT shelters had wood stoves. But, because of some fires, and the continual encroachment of larger and larger crowds, they were removed one by one. But Corliss still had one. My hiking buddy (Rigger) and I used to get off work late, and snow shoe up to Corliss on the Davis Neighborhood Trail, typically an easy blue blaze 1.5ish miles from the car. And gradual up, as opposed to most of the rest of the trail. So one cold night, we got caught in a snow squall on the way, snow shoes and head lamps. But we knew it would be worth it to get there and fire up the old wood stove. Imagine the look on our faces when we stumbled over the threshold, steam rising from our clothes, to gaze upon that new table you sat at while making an entry into the log book INSTEAD of the wood stove. We had little choice but to roll out our gear and make the best of it. It got down to 3 degrees that night. Long night.

But it sure was cool to see that pic of you sitting there. Would have loved to meet you and buy you and your wingman a cup of coffee (with maple syrup of course)
    We thought there had been a stove there by the big metal floor square where one would usually be. Cool to know. Thankee.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast