Quote Originally Posted by Bleemus View Post
Thanks to all for their thoughtful insight. I am going to try a BMBH and see how I can mod it to lighten it up and use trekking poles as spreader bars. I assume a MacCat Deluxe is going to be large enough for this hammock. Want to keep the hammock tarp combo under 3lbs ultmately but probably will be unrealistic. This is not including the poles as the trekking poles will be used.

Concerned that the trekking poles will be rubbing on the tarp and will have to learn to hang it so there is plenty of room. Time will tell.

Thanks all!
Have you already got that MacCat Dlx? It might well work, but I found my JRB 11x10 rectangular far easier to use with the BMBH. Of course it weighs more, but there is more coverage on the end, Which is handy when trying to compensate for spreader bars, especially when you need to close one end. Of course, a MacCat tarp with different cut or dimensions would work as well, so does the HH Sil Hex with a 12 foot RL ( though no cat cut on the sides). And finally, I'm sure a Griz beak added to a Mac Cat dlx(or any other tarp) would do wonders with a BMBH.