Clinton, Missouri checking in!

My name is Adam, but you can call me YakkelBerry, I live in Clinton, Mo (9000 people) but I have plans to move out to North Carolina next year. I own a Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip.

Hey friends, I've been hanging since November of 2016, here and there. I'm currently using a Hennessy Expedition Asym zip. The problem is, no matter what I do, I seem to have my legs ache. I've used different positions with my legs, such as figure 4, placing stuff sack under knees etc. The hammock, I believe is less than 10 ft, and I don't seem to get a nice diagonal lay without cramping my feet and head. I've currently ordered a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC, and I wonder, have any of you made that switch and found it to be helpful. Thanks a bunch folks. I watch a lot of video on youtube, and one of my favorite is River Kings. I learn TONS from this guy. (check em out if you'd like, there are worth subbing to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6..._DC5SsMGzyGHiQ) So I have heard tons of info on the XLC, and it's supposed to be here tomorrow.

On a side note, I sit on my butt to work 8 hours a day, and it's possible that is more of what is causing the aching issue, potentiall, but it could be the shorter hammock. I am 5' 7" and 200lbs, if that gives any reference. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas, I appreciate it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Welcome to Hammock Forums Adam. That XLC should be a lot more comfortable but if this too hurts your legs you should give that Warbonnet Ridgerunner a try. I have both the XLC and RR and I prefer the RR by far as I just can't get as comfortable in a gathered end hammock. You should also check our Shugs youTube channel if you want to learn and be entertained at the same time.

I may have to, I did watch several review videos on it, and the only thing I wonder about is the gathering of the legs at the bottom, but without trying it I won't know for sure I may have to look into it, and I did weigh it against the XLC. I used a woobie over the top of my hammocks in cool weather, and I didn't want to lose that option just yet to the RR, but may have to. Thanks TrailSlug, appreciate you weighing in on it.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Hello and welcome from Marietta GA.

Before you go with a bridge hammock, you may just want to try a simple 11' gathered end hammock. Lots of vendors hee to choose from, you can get one pretty inexpensively, even cheaper if you want to DIY.

Good luck and happy hanging!

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Hello from Northern Arkansas! Welcome to the Forums!

Hammock
    WB BBXLC, DH, DIY, GT Hybrid
    Tarp
    Etowah Outfitters
    Insulation
    HG TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by YakkelBerry View Post
    My name is Adam, but you can call me YakkelBerry, I live in Clinton, Mo (9000 people) but I have plans to move out to North Carolina next year. I own a Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip.

Hey friends, I've been hanging since November of 2016, here and there. I'm currently using a Hennessy Expedition Asym zip. The problem is, no matter what I do, I seem to have my legs ache. I've used different positions with my legs, such as figure 4, placing stuff sack under knees etc. The hammock, I believe is less than 10 ft, and I don't seem to get a nice diagonal lay without cramping my feet and head. I've currently ordered a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC, and I wonder, have any of you made that switch and found it to be helpful. Thanks a bunch folks. I watch a lot of video on youtube, and one of my favorite is River Kings. I learn TONS from this guy. (check em out if you'd like, there are worth subbing to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6..._DC5SsMGzyGHiQ) So I have heard tons of info on the XLC, and it's supposed to be here tomorrow.

On a side note, I sit on my butt to work 8 hours a day, and it's possible that is more of what is causing the aching issue, potentiall, but it could be the shorter hammock. I am 5' 7" and 200lbs, if that gives any reference. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas, I appreciate it.
    Nice to see another SW Mo guy on here. Springfield Mo here. I think the longer hammock will solve your problems, but if not, someone on here will probably have some good ideas for you. There is a true wealth of knowledge on this forum. Welcome aboard.

Welcome from CT.

I'm a former Missourian. Grew up in Branson, and have friends/family all over Missouri.
    "How's it hanging?"
    -Anonymous

• + New Posts