Double Bubble Plus Yeti 3/4 20 deg??

Hey Guys n Gals! So I have a Warbonnett BlackBird double layer 1.6 and have a 3/4 Yeti 20 deg that I use with a small square of Ridgerest. For an upcoming trip that it may be between 10-15 degrees, I have a Double Bubble XL pad that I was thinking about using to augment my usual setup which is usually good to 25-30 degrees for me. I'll likely be using a Marmot 0 degree bag for my top insulation, used like a quilt. Anybody have any experience with a setup like this? I tend to sleep a little cold myself and know it is very subjective, but just wanted to see if anybody else had done a similar setup?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    bbanker, I would say you might be okay but it really is tough to say. If you're a cold sleeper, it might be a little chilly. I found insulation like the double bubble goes a long way for me and it's all I used on the ground for years (3 layers). If I was to suggest anything, I would crawl into the Marmot bag completely instead of using as a top quilt in this case. I know you'll get very little bonus from the compressed down but it might get you through.

I have slept in 0 degrees with a 20 degree bag, my thermals, and my down jacket. I used a windshield reflector (like the double bubble) and a wool blanket underneath me. It wasn't warm and frankly sucked but I didn't die, nothing froze. I just had a poor nights sleep and learned the limits of some gear.
    Brady

Ha! I guessed as much. Appreciate the response.

Hammock
    diy MTN series
    Tarp
    diy winterhex/asym
    Insulation
    EE and HG
    Suspension
    Beckett or buckles
    I have been experimenting with insulbrite from Joanns. Its perforated mylar with some fuzzy polyester on each side. I have been bringing a chunk a bit bigger than my tookus with pretty good results. I have used it with my 20 HG down close to ten dungrees frankenstien with not a single problem. It really is a great add on. Breathes really well with all the needle holes too.
    People tend to compartmentalize themselves into IT people, and movie star people, and scientists, but when we share our perspectives about nature, we find a common denominator.
    -Nalini Nadkarni

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Thank you for that insul-bright fabric idea. I might have to buy some to play with various projects!

Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bbanker View Post
    Hey Guys n Gals! So I have a Warbonnett BlackBird double layer 1.6 and have a 3/4 Yeti 20 deg that I use with a small square of Ridgerest. For an upcoming trip that it may be between 10-15 degrees, I have a Double Bubble XL pad that I was thinking about using to augment my usual setup which is usually good to 25-30 degrees for me. I'll likely be using a Marmot 0 degree bag for my top insulation, used like a quilt. Anybody have any experience with a setup like this? I tend to sleep a little cold myself and know it is very subjective, but just wanted to see if anybody else had done a similar setup?
    My advice is to get out in the back yard before the trip and test it in conditions as close to what you will expect. There's nothing more miserable to me than backpacking in, getting cold, and getting no sleep because of the cold only to have to pack back out already tired.

• + New Posts