WBBBXLC ,DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    WL old man winter
    Insulation
    HG -10, CDT 40
    Suspension
    Whoppies
    Images

Thumbs up Maryland ~ Sat. November 18 ~ Conowingo Dam~ MD-T hike/ quarterly meeting

Hey guys, figured I'd let everyone know that this Saturday we will be having our Mason Dixon Trail quarterly board meeting and hike. The hike will start @9am leaving from the Conowingo Dam ( just north of Port Deposit & Have de Grace on the Susquehanna river) visitors center parking lot and be a 6 mile loop through the Susquehanna state park and back to the Dam shortly before the board meeting is scheduled to start. There is also an option to hike only 3 miles if 6 is too much. Lunch will be eaten out on the trail and is byo. The board meeting will start at 1230 and be held at the Dam's visitor center. I'll be there since I'm a section maintainer but all are welcome to join us for both the hike and meeting. Maybe you have some ideas on how to promote the trail, have experience in an area that will help us out, are interested in one of the vacant positions on our board of directors , want to volunteer to maintain a section(s) of trail or are just curious and want to find out more, If any or all of the above sound like they might be you, Please, come out and join us! No sign up is nessesary for the hike , just show up a little before 9 and be ready to see some beautiful sights along the river and in the park itself. Here's the link to our website : http://www.mason-dixontrail.org/index.html
    you'll see an upcoming events section on the home page, just click on this event for directions and all the details. I hope I see a few of you there ! It should be a beautiful day for a hike along the river! Also, Im planning my next trail maintenance hike and hang , so if you're interested please let me know when you're available so I can set a date that allows the most people to come. I'd like to do it sooner than later since not everyone has the gear or desire to hang or hike in colder temps. See ya then!!

~ Marshall " Chesapeake "
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wookie, Costco, EE
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Count me in on the next trail clean-up!

Marshall,

I won't make the hike this weekend but I am definitely interested in the next maintenance day.

Phil

Hammock
    WBBBXLC ,DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    WL old man winter
    Insulation
    HG -10, CDT 40
    Suspension
    Whoppies
    Images
    Excellent, I was hoping you guys would turn up. Check your calendars and lemme know a few dates coming up that work.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Super Nova
    Tarp
    Winter
    Insulation
    Clews
    Suspension
    Rainbows
    Images
    My availability over the next month is really outside of my control. I hope I can make it.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC ,DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    WL old man winter
    Insulation
    HG -10, CDT 40
    Suspension
    Whoppies
    Images
    Hope so too. I'm gonna start another thread for it either tonight or tomorrow , and have everyone put a few days that work for them so maybe everyone will be able to come that wants to. Although, this time of year everyone seems to get busy on the weekends. I'm pretty much fine with whenever is best for everyone else, this is the only time of the year when my girls aren't doing 10 things in opposite directions it seems lol. Well, until my oldests cheer competitions start anyway, then im all over the east coast until nationals in the early spring. So idk how cold or rainy or snowy it is, I'm gonna have at least the hang lol. Thats what layers, winter tarps, fire and LOTS of down are for right !

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph... View Post
    Count me in on the next trail clean-up!
    Chesapeake,

Count me in as well for a trail cleanup and if there’s a hang afterwards even better. I’m just north of you in Southern Chester County, PA. Anytime after this weekend is good.

JD

Hammock
    WBBBXLC ,DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    WL old man winter
    Insulation
    HG -10, CDT 40
    Suspension
    Whoppies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytow View Post
    Chesapeake,

Count me in as well for a trail cleanup and if there’s a hang afterwards even better. I’m just north of you in Southern Chester County, PA. Anytime after this weekend is good.

JD
    Sounds good, glad to have you. Last time we started around noon and got back to the cars around 4 I think (?) , then headed out to my place which is only 5 miles away to set up our rigs and relax. I was thinking of maybe starting and stopping a little earlier this time so we aren't setting up in the dark @ 5:00.So lemme know a few Saturdays that work best for you so we can try to have it when everyone who wants to come can. Weather and temps won't make a difference to me, so as long as everyone else agrees, we will have it rain or shine. We can always set up our stuff first if its gonna rain/snow but hasn't started or isn't bad yet when we all meet up, then head out on the trail. Or if its really nasty ,we can just hang on Saturday and head out early Sunday for the hike so everyone is back home early enough still. I'm flexible, so we can play it by ear as it gets closer and the forecast is solid. I'm starting a thread today for it so post everything else there so is all in one place under its own title for everyone to see. Thanks guys, glad you all wanna come help out!

I'll come if I can ---- weekends are kind of whacked right now with work, concerts, and holiday gigs to play... I'll check my calendar again and post available dates on the other thread.