Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Lol, how could anyone forget Texas? Texans are just as proud , if not more so , than Marylanders ! Here's a prime example, you'll enjoy this Aggie : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70 . I wish young people looked up to heros like him instead of some of the rappers, athletes that could care less about being a good role model or the image they give to kids. So glad my youngest daughter enjoys watching " funny Mr. Shug" vids with me and being outside in her hammock next to mine! I know after watching this, I made sure my kids beds are made first thing every morning, and told them why.
    You know you just stabbed me in the heart, right?

Hammock
    DIY 10' Robic 1.2
    Tarp
    Gorilla Fortress
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 Incu
    Suspension
    Straps w rings
    Images
    I like the idea of the flag with a hammock in it as well. Maybe a crab lolly gaggin as well. LOL
    Lucky me, lucky mud. - Kurt Vonnegut.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    You know you just stabbed me in the heart, right?

oh thats right, I guess there is a little bit of a rivalry isn't there, since 1890 something? Lol maybe that guy wasn't the best example. But hey, the message is what counts right? Lol
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDCrab View Post
    I like the idea of the flag with a hammock in it as well. Maybe a crab lolly gaggin as well. LOL
    A crab IN the hammock, ON the flag!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    oh thats right, I guess there is a little bit of a rivalry isn't there, since 1890 something? Lol maybe that guy wasn't the best example. But hey, the message is what counts right? Lol
    It’s a good thing I have a LOT of respect for McCraven. Dude is the real deal. As far as Naval officers go, he’s a 10/10, but he loses a point for being a longhorn which drops him to a 9/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Lol, with at kind of rivalry , you def get the ability to drop it to a 9. And looking at how lopsided the record is, I'd think it would be even lower than that ! Although, I guess the whole " 4 star Admiral, commander of : USSOCOM,/JSOC,/SOCEUR,/CENTCOM, member of SEAL teams 1,3,4,6 & UDT 21, etc, do earn him respect and MAJOR bad@$$ points though hu? Lol

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Alright guys, here's the updated weekend forecast : https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pe...106812?hour=33 . Looks like its gonna be in the low 30's or so when we meet @ 10 with a little wind, and top out around 40°. Overnight, its gonna be 26° , but could be closer to 20° or even slightly lower where we are gonna be, so make sure you have enough insulation! If anyone needs an extra quilt on standby or to stack with your own so you have a buffer in case it does end up colder o,let me know, Ive got extra. I will PM everyone today with my number, just send me a text with your forum +real name so I have yours as well. Does anyone need directions ? I will be there around 940ish, look for my dark gray Chevy Malibu with HG and M-DT oval stickers in back window and my pack on the trunk lid . Its super easy to locate : on rt.40 in Perryville turn onto shopping center driveway @ Dunkin Donuts light, drive past DD , large parking lot starts on the right. I doubt there will be any cars in this part of the lot other than ours since all the shops are on the other side next to Food Lion. If your running late its fine, just text me so I know your on your way. This will be an easy hike since its pretty flat and the leaves have now fallen. Let me know if you have any other questions, and Ill see everyone tomorrow morning! Thanks again for the help! We greatly appreciate it!!!!!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Well **** guys, I dont think were gonna be able to do this tomorrow unfortunately. We just got like 5" of snow this afternoon on top of what's left out in the woods from the other day that didn't melt yet. I thought it was just gonna be a few flurries or an inch, which would have been fine I think. This sucks bc I know you guys were looking forward to some hang time, and I went out and stocked up on MTN. House and got all my gear packed already. So, I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to try it again after Christmas. So, If anyone still wants to come up and hang tomorrow, we can still proly do that and just go in the big Ponderosa pine grove that is in the middle of my little neighborhood. It used to be a campground so there's roads still and lots of good hang spots. The beach is totally covered with snow so we won't be able to hang down there, but im sure we could still hang if you guys still want to , its def cool with me ive got a bunch of mtn house I need to eat now lol. So, just let me know what everyone wants to do. I'll try to get out to the trail head early tomorrow morning to see if maybe its doable but its looking like its a no-go. So sorry guys, I know I'm bummed.

If you think the snow is too deep I guess we call it. I just finished packing! I won’t be able to do anything the rest of the year and I’m out of town January.

I still want to put together a volunteer event to pick up trash on the trail. I was thinking around the middle of April.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I know man, itn sucks, I got all my stuff packed earlier except my hammock since I was gonna use the Argon one I sleep in inside at home and use it with my XL sock. Im just not 100% sure that we would be able to make any worth while progress or that the trail isnt too snow covered. I'd hate for everyone to get all the way up here and it be crap. But, just to make sure because I really want to get this done, I will check it out as best I can around 7 tomorrow morning and post here by 8 with what I see. I'll take a few pics from the e trail head and leave it up to you guys then. Ive got my Muk Luks and stuff so I dont really mind at all if its a little snowy and If you guys still wanna do it, I'm all for it. I'm not the one driving up here so its really up to everyone else. If you guys dont care then just let me know and we can do it anyway. I emailed the trail president to see what he says as well. I'll post here as soon as you have better info,

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast