Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Sorry George as you are the designer and have done the testing you have the first hand knowledge. In my mind (which is getting weaker by the day) I was just "thinking" it would create a bump but like you said I do not have one of these so I can't and shouldn't have commented. If it works as well as all of your other quilts that I own it'll work great as I love my 3 LocoLibre Ghost Pepper quilts. I apologize for the doubt.
    Nah, NO apology necessary (wasn't looking for one), and sorry if you got the wrong tone. Just thought it would be an opportunity to let the community try the product since it's so new, and what better and more honest review than from those who aren't sure. Offer still stands.

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Here is my two cents. I had the opportunity (luxury) of testing the Ridge Reaper on my Ridgerunner. It had the draft collars. In my opinion, they are not needed. But, I will also confirm, the one I tested had them and they did not push the UQ out either.

Bottom line is this, they are offered as an option for those of us who are cold sleepers and would feel better with them than without. If you have them on a gathered end UQ, you may feel more comfortable, mentally, getting them.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by georgecarr View Post
    Nah, NO apology necessary (wasn't looking for one), and sorry if you got the wrong tone. Just thought it would be an opportunity to let the community try the product since it's so new, and what better and more honest review than from those who aren't sure. Offer still stands.
    Send that baby on and I'll give you an honest review. You have my address on file.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by georgecarr View Post
    Just thought it would be an opportunity to let the community try the product since it's so new, and what better and more honest review than from those who aren't sure. Offer still stands.
    This idea makes sense and I like it! I never even knew about this quilt before, but I am definitely curious about it now! Hopefully, we get to see this review and many more like it

Hammock
    WBRR or Clark North American
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    Cinch/Helios/Atlas
    Further to the comments above. I don't think the draft collars are necessary, but I'm glad I've got them. They DO NOT push the UQ away. The collars simple compress and seal things up. I will say that I'm glad I've got them.

I just posted this on another thread asking who has rec'd their RidgeReaper's yet:

I've been able to use it down to about 25F with wind and snow inside a Spindrift.

The quilt is awesome, just awesome. First of all, I appreciated the call from George to confirm a few details. Just a quick call to make sure things would be perfect. On first inspection: the colors are vibrant. I guess the colors are pretty standard across manufacturers so maybe it's just that I picked a great color combo. I pulled the UQ out of the package and was immediately impressed with the loft. I can't find anything to complain about with the build. The chevron baffles are a work of art. The biners are nice and he's got red to mark the head (so it's matchy matchy for the rest of my gear).

I ordered the 0F Ridge Reaper - Fill: 800 fill power Downtek Duck Down, Outer Color: Charcoal Gray Argon 90, Inner Color: Burnt Orange Argon 67 Taffeta

I clipped the PERFECTLY fitting quilt to my RR and lay down to test it. It's the kind of quilt that takes no time for the quilt to radiate heat back. Just amazing. I got to take it camping for a field test. It did NOT disappoint. This UQ is officially one of my favorite pieces of gear.

I'll follow up with pictures in the next day or so.

Order with the confidence, you won't be disappointed.

THANKS GEORGE!

Hammock
    DH Sparrow/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Msc
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetles
    What happened to the pics?!?��

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images

Ridge Reaper - does it need draft collars?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravitythief76 View Post
    What happened to the pics?!?��
    And the verdict on the draft colors…From the review there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson Burner View Post
    And the verdict on the draft colors…From the review there

Never were a "have to" have, just like draft collars on a regular quilt aren't 100% necessary. I offered them in the beginning because I thought maybe they would help if someone was a restless sleeper. The verdict so far has been a unanimous "not necessary". I removed them as an option early on because it seems some took it to mean you needed them for the quilt to work properly.That is just not the case, and I'd rather eliminate any confusion.

I have a Ridge Reaper both with and without, and they function equally as well.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I tested one of these quits for George and again it's a winner. It was shipped with a draft collar and after testing with one I'd opt for it. While it does get slightly compressed when I'm in the hammock due to my 195 lbs it would help if someone much lighter climbed in to ensure there are no areas for any air to enter. Also if you are a sleeper that like me flips all night long they may come in handy. If you are on the fence I'd highly recommend this quit as it's a very warm quilt. I received the 20° rated quilt and was able to test it down to 16° for two nights and I was very warm. The first night there wasn't a lot of wind but the second night it was very breezy yet I stayed toasty warm. The fit and finish on the quilt was exactly like my other LocoLibre quits and not a single flaw could be found. Stitching was beautiful and I always really like the looks of those chevron baffles. As soon as the funds become available I'll be adding one of these to my collection. Thanks George for allowing me to test one of these quilts.
    20171215_132532.jpg20171215_132542.jpg

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I tested one of these quits for George and again it's a winner. It was shipped with a draft collar and after testing with one I'd opt for it. While it does get slightly compressed when I'm in the hammock due to my 195 lbs it would help if someone much lighter climbed in to ensure there are no areas for any air to enter. Also if you are a sleeper that like me flips all night long they may come in handy. If you are on the fence I'd highly recommend this quit as it's a very warm quilt. I received the 20° rated quilt and was able to test it down to 16° for two nights and I was very warm. The first night there wasn't a lot of wind but the second night it was very breezy yet I stayed toasty warm. The fit and finish on the quilt was exactly like my other LocoLibre quits and not a single flaw could be found. Stitching was beautiful and I always really like the looks of those chevron baffles. As soon as the funds become available I'll be adding one of these to my collection. Thanks George for allowing me to test one of these quilts.
    20171215_132532.jpg20171215_132542.jpg
    Ok yeah that’s what I meant what did you think after he sent it to you. Sounds like you love it but it isn’t offered anymore. That’s a funny one. Well. I’m sure he’s throw some on custom style if asked when ordering. I was curious on the stretchy ends. Does the ol ridge reaper have those stretchy ends the lynx have? I’m sure he’s got something there

Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast