Hammock
    HH Expl Dlx, Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Tadpole
    Insulation
    HH SS, Jarbidge
    Suspension
    various
    Order status changed to SHIPPING. A mountain of down, on the way.
    Thanks,
    Ranc0r

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Hey Chesapeake.. No issues with the ridge line suspension clips messing up the noseeum?
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Lightbulb

Nope. But if you're worried you could always use one of those cheapie aluminum mini biners instead, or use a very small stick or other object thats just long and firm enough as a toggle for a marlin spike hitch. Just grab both sides of the primary suspension, pull them up to your RL and once you're happy with the suspension angle, make the MSH by folding up towards the hammock end. This will keep the suspension up just like a RL quilt hook and it won't slide across the RL/net as much . The toggle is held up off of the net by the suspension so no issues with it damaging it. In this : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OoVo7-Pm_8o vid I did about my XLC winter cover mod, around the 6:50 mark you can see how I use a MSH to keep my UQP suspension up and tight around the hammock end since it won't fit in the hook with the UQ suspension due to its diameter.

All 3 methods work the same way and I haven't seen any damage to my XLC net or winter cover after using either of them. A lot of the time I will use a mini biner on the head end instead of a quilt hook on my XLC since it works a little better due to the shape of the hammock& net and the biner not holding the suspension up as far towards the RL. This prevents the suspension from squeezing in on the net as much and in turn allows it to move further down the RL towards the center of the hammock, which increases the suspensions angle , pulling the UQ UP even more and keeping it in place right on my shoulder where I need it to stay.

Its even more important at the temps we will be using these subzero quilts at to have them dialed in and working at 100%. A loose fitting or improperly hung UQ when its 40° might give you a little chill but can be easily fixed by tucking your TQ under you more or simply getting out to fix the problem. However, when its -10° or -20° , its windy, its dark, its 3am , your in the middle of nowhere and you realize your backside isn't nearly as warm as it should be and somehow all the heat your body has been working so hard to produce isn't staying trapped in the tiny dead air spaces of the down in your UQ , you could have a serious problem that might not be so easy to fix. A mini biner or MSH could be an easy in the field solution if you just can't seem to get it to stay put or up tight enough on the ends. Good luck, your gonna love the quilts and lemme know if you have any questions about mine or this answer
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12