Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph... View Post
    Just got mine today and tarp set-up was a breeze. I'm a fan! Get your self a couple pair.
    Yep, they are amazingly easy and very secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Rocking! Used them for the first time. So much better than a prussic knot, especially in the cold

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad they are serving you well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Another very happy customer - setup three tarp continuous ridgelines, each with two claws, Ti Dutch Hook on one end and one Dutch Tarp Fly(z - half a pair) or Wasp on the other. Worked great.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    CRO Up Wide
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I just bought a bunch of these to rig the tie-outs on my tarps. They work pretty well with Zing-It. With 1.75 mm Lash-it, I can pull the line thru them - the bare Dynema seems too slippery to absolutely lock in place. I believe that there's enough resistance for them to work (on a tie-out) anyway, but for some applications it might be a problem. Just a heads-up for everyone to consider.
    Last edited by Brommeland; 06-12-2018 at 14:24.

Images
    Why is it every time I log on to this site to catch up on some reading I end up spending money.

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret any of it... but dang.... Every time!

Looking forward to trying these out.

Just set up in the yard with these. I haven't left it up overnight yet, but I do really appreciate the convenience of the setup and easy positioning of tarp. The only disappointment for me was that when using these, my tarp pole mod side pullouts do rub the top of the tarp - where with Tato connectors they don't. With the Tatos the distance between the ridgeline and the tarp is greater so the ridgeline doesn't "give" enough to let the poles touch. Still...the less "fiddle factor" with the Nama Claws will probably cause me to stay with them and keep my fingers crossed that the poles rubbing the tarp won't do any damage. Has anyone had any negative experience with poles damaging tarps or causing leaks at the rub point?

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    What I like best is the mechanical advantage I get pulling the ridgeline taut and ease of release.Sliding prussics on a ridgeline have never been that much of an issue but these things will slide easily.Have not trail tested them yet but so far I like the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bribak View Post
    Just set up in the yard with these. I haven't left it up overnight yet, but I do really appreciate the convenience of the setup and easy positioning of tarp. The only disappointment for me was that when using these, my tarp pole mod side pullouts do rub the top of the tarp - where with Tato connectors they don't. With the Tatos the distance between the ridgeline and the tarp is greater so the ridgeline doesn't "give" enough to let the poles touch. Still...the less "fiddle factor" with the Nama Claws will probably cause me to stay with them and keep my fingers crossed that the poles rubbing the tarp won't do any damage. Has anyone had any negative experience with poles damaging tarps or causing leaks at the rub point?
    Ok. I set up again today and think I've solved the problem. I simply added a key ring to the elastic loop in the Tato Connector. When connecting the tarp to the ridgeline, I hook the key ring over the Nama Claw. I totally disregard the line connector that came with the Tato. So in essence I'm using the Tato for the actual tarp connection and the Nama Claw for the adjustability aspect. When stored, the Nama stays on my ridgeline and the Tato stays on my tarp. Now my tarp pole pullouts don't rub the top of the tarp because there is a greater distance from the tarp seam to the ridgeline. The only thing I really didn't like about the Tato was the adjustability technique - which required slack being left in the ridgeline in order to be able to lock it in position. For me, using them together gives me the best features of each method. If I didn't have the pullout pole mods, I would definitely simply connect my tarp directly to the Nama Claws.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have converted all of my tarp ridgelines over to Nama Claws....no more prussicks or TATO Connectors. I now use the loop of cord I use to use for prussicks to attach to the Nama Claw and back to the tarp

They work pretty well with Zing-It. With 1.75 mm Lash-it, I can pull the line thru them - the bare Dynema seems too slippery
    I have used them with 1.75 Zing it and Lash It, 1.8 Dyneema and 1.7 UHMWPE ( made in China ) cord with success. The 1.8 Dyneema gave me the most problems threading thru the Claws due to the cord being on the sticky / tacky side ( best way to describe the feel of the cord ) so it wanted to grab the interior of the Claw instead of slide thru. The Zing It / Lash It was 50/50 on threading thru the Claws....sometimes it went right thru, other times I had to fight with it to get it thru. I think the issue here is that the Zing It / Lash It was very limp making it want to bend. The UHMWPE was the easiest to thread thru the Claws which I believe it due to more of it being a very stiff line than slightly smaller
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast