Ol' ugly
    Tarp
    Hanger12/ DIYasym
    Insulation
    Bandit/Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling

Help with trails in Arkansas.

Looking for a loop trail approximately 15_20 miles. We want something that's a well established trail, but not over traveled or overly populated.

We've been looking at the National forest so we don't have to be in designated camping spots. The only must is the area must have trees for hanging but I don't think that will be a problem.

Please any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Where the trail ends the adventure begins!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis
    There’s a guy on HF from Arkansas who’s got lots of info about AR hiking. Check in the Arkansas hammock gathering threads, he and others who can help will be there. The guy I’m thinking of has a Scottie dog on his post.

Also Ken Click from AR who hikes and hammocks on Arkansas trails has nice videos and ideas.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC4bgbP1BW74_DE8loU45i6Q

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepp / Renegad
    Suspension
    buckle straps
    Most of the trails in Buffalo River National River area are point-to-point, but you should search them up in alltrails.com and see. There are some loops as well. Beautiful area if you have not been there before.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Smokehouse is in Arkansas and he is who I would ask. I'm sure he could answer that for you. For several years he hosted the annual Spring Arkansas hang at Kyle's Landing on the Buffalo River.

While not a loop, I loved hiking the Buffalo River Trail. Depending on your time and budget, one could rent canoes/kayaks and float down stream and hike back or hike one way and have an outfitter run a shuttle for you. We were very pleased with the outfitter service in Ponca.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Eagle Rock Loop (ERL). 21.6 miles. Water is pretty much everywhere. The trail is three trails put together. The Athens-Big Fork (ABF) is 6 mountains in 8 something miles. Well know to "Kick butt". But a flowing creek at the bottom of each mountain. The Viles Branch trail, well, follows the Viles Branch creek. Then the Little Missouri Trail, which follows the Little Mo river. There are about 8 places to park along it. There are also ways to shorten the loop (some FS roads bi-sect it). Be VERY aware of water along the Little Mo. In 2010, there was a flood and 19 people were swept away. The Albert Pike campgrounds are now DAY USE ONLY. The parking area at the Little Mo Falls trail head is also "day use only". They chase you out and no overnight parking at those locations.
    Here is a very nice web site on it.
    http://www.duprephotography.com/ERL/index.html
    Always check THIS web site for the USGS water gauge for the two Little Mo crossings. Anything over 4.5 feet at Langley, and crossing the Little Mo at the two crossings that are "down river" (one is where the Viles branch joins the little mo) is NOT recommended. https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv/?site_no=07360200

you can also browse/join us on BackPacking Arkansas (has a whole subforum for the ERL).

Also, download for free, the Guthook app. Then for $4.99 get the ERL maps. The Dupre link also has a link to waterproof maps.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Butterfield Hiking Trail is great! It's about 17 miles long.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Sylamore Trail just south of Mountain View is 15 miles one way and has beautiful scenery. You can start at either end, or two different points in the middle and it's a mix of easy, moderate, and a few hard spots as well. Devi steely should be on your list!

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    Sylamore Trail just south of Mountain View is 15 miles one way and has beautiful scenery. You can start at either end, or two different points in the middle and it's a mix of easy, moderate, and a few hard spots as well. Devi steely should be on your list!
    I'm also a big fan of the North Sylamore trail! We started at the Cripple Turkey extension, and finished at Allison. The extension made it 26 miles.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have been looking at hiking the Eagle Rock Loop the next time I visit my daughter in Arkansas.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Ol' ugly
    Tarp
    Hanger12/ DIYasym
    Insulation
    Bandit/Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Thank y'all for all the responses. I'm going to be having another little troll soon and wanna get some good time in before I have to take some time off to help momma. ERL is on my list and most likely will be what I do but since my partners wife said no to that ( and I was hoping to drag him along) we may have to change plans.

Butterfield was on my radar as well as Buffalo river trail. I didn't think about canoeing though, that would be a great trip to hold me over. I'll have to check into the others. Thank y'all very much.
    Where the trail ends the adventure begins!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast