Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images

Gator Hole, Green Swamp West

I thought someone else would have gotten this started by now but alas...

What a fantastic weekend! hangNyak and Trinity picked me up Friday morning and we headed north toward the Swamp. Grabbed a quick on the go breakfast on the way up. Arrived at the trailhead and headed in. The morning was beautiful in one of my favorite pieces of Florida. A welcome relief was to find the first pond full of water. So no problems with a shortage of water. Spent the day gathering some firewood for the evening, conversing with a forest caretaker and greeting the newcomers as they drifted into camp. Of course the evening was spent around the fire in our usual rambling, disconnected conversations that at times may leave you wondering who or what the conversations are about. With the post time change protocol most were calling it a night earlier than normal. Saturday morning found me waking to the smell of hangNyaks and Big Country's coffee brewing. I don't normally at home beat the sun up but in the woods life is different. After breakfast some of us went on a walkabout and fat lighter gathering excursion and also pondering the extensive diggings in an area of mostly logging and ranching. Possibly from past road construction or flood control efforts. Returned to camp and lunch followed by some of us retiring to the hammocks for a necessary recharge session. Then jimj found the fat lighter jackpot and convinced Marlene and myself to aid, assist or abet him in hauling this stash back to camp. In total probably 150 to 200 pounds of fat pine. Jim and I drug the 'stump', 6'+, carried/supported on a 6' length fat wood between us over a 100 yds back to the camp. Crested the 15' rise into camp and dropped the load. Turned around to find Marlene struggling to drag 3, 5' to 6' x 5" lengths of fatwood into camp. Lady, you are welcome into my camp at any time and I hope to spend many more day in the woods with you. Had another lady in the woods with us this weekend, Trinity, the best, most well behaved, dog I have had the pleasure of spending time in the woods with. Though she can be a moocher. Saturday night. What do you do with a couple of hundred pounds of Fat lighter? Stick a match to it! Recall comments of, eye drops, sunglasses, suntan lotions. It WAS hot! And we didn't even burn it all. This morning was what is getting to be our routine lately. Pack up, shotgun enough caffeine to make to the nearest fast food. To sum the weekend up... it was a pleasure to spend the weekend with two beautiful ladies, some of my best friends and inhale enough fat wood smoke to last a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by olddog; 11-26-2017 at 21:33.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG down/DIY
    Suspension
    Various
    Images
    I was getting around to the thread, Lamar. Just being lazy. Been cleaning gear all afternoon. I got another trip in 4 days. I couldn’t of said better, anyways. You summed up another perfect, well spent weekend. Thanks for the nice comments on the pup dog. So proud of her. Couldn’t ask for a better one. I didn’t take as many pics, as I wanted, but I managed a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RON

A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at? ~ Ronald Reagan

Visit my Youtube channel- Florida Wild

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Awesome times, right there. Glad y'all made a nice weekend with great weather. Send more pics.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Congratulations on another hang well done! I am so looking forward to the next Sherpa hang.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Bone Zip
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Burrow TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Straps
    It was a great weekend indeed! We had a beautiful weather and great company. Marlene was a little cold the first night but she added some additional insulation layers the second night and had a great night sleep. Thanks to Olddog for reserving the “VIP Penthouse” that has an amazing water view (see first pic below) for us. Here are some random pics we both took.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Sounds like it was a fabulous weekend with cool weather and a hot fire, LOL.
    Sorry to have missed this one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Tropikal, thank you for the pictures and for bringing a lovely lady to the woods to spend time with us.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Sounds like it was a fabulous weekend with cool weather and a hot fire, LOL.
    Sorry to have missed this one.
    Yes it was Mike. The only thing missing was you and a few others but it being Thanksgiving weekend we expected some to be spending time with family. As always 'Family First'. Hope to see you soon.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts