Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images

Cool Indian Racetrack OCT 2017

Hello, I did put out a trailer earlier in the month, this project has turned out to be very complex for a little old southern gent like myself. It will take me a while to develop the Media of the caves and campsite portion of this trip. Until then, here is this report. So, me, and Hammock Forums Members: Mucho Gusto, and Goforth, shuttle hiked on the PCT and around Indian Heaven, and the big lava bed. Beware trying to go into the Big Lava bed, I would recommend not doing it, compass doesn't work and people go missing there, as far as you know. So, We parked one vehicle in an area, all jumped in Boomer's car, and went to the Pacific crest trail. We wrapped a bit off trail and ventured to car #2. Boomer only stayed one night while Me and Mucho stayed two. We seen another hammock foum member up there too: Greenman, getting some rays before the snow came the very next weekend!! Greenman ventured up to some lakes while me and Cyle protected the camp site privy! We decided to have a dance off instead of more hiking. Grub was good, I brought a skillet and fried up Chicken and rice first night, Spam and potatos the second night. I do like to fry while backpacking, but I do not like to clean lucky for me there is all I need in the woods to pull it off. We ventured up to the lookout on the cinder cone: Red Mountain. Cyle used his Dutch Chameleon, UGQ zeppelin, and HG burra. UGQ wide hex tart. Brian used a Wilderness logics 11' with loco libre pepper quilt, and Hudson river 3, He used his Super fly Jimmie Snooka tarp from WB, and we had a blast. I used my RR from Warbonnet with a pad, and my HG burra. I used my Bushwack cloudburst from Warbonnetoutdoors. So, They were smart and brought their down, and Underquilt protectors, while I opted to use my bridge, and pad. I should've brought my 3/4 quilt 40* because it does seem to fit good, in addition to the pad. Using just the pad in that wind was futile. The next night, sheltered from wind, the pad was warm indeed. Wind Robs! Sorry I can't blow these pictures up yet, so there is some thumbnails...
    DSCN3995.jpgDSCN3997.jpgDSCN4002.jpgDSCN4007.jpgDSCN4030.jpgDSCN4033.jpgDSCN4042.jpgDSCN4055.jpgDSCN4068.jpgDSCN4096.jpgDSCN4121.jpgDSCN4124.jpgDSCN4159.jpgDSCN4151.jpg
    There is a little ode to one of the best western's ever made, it has once again been nominated by the "Potted Meat film Festival" again this season, it's an honor, and an alternative fact.
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or 11' netless
    Tarp
    UGQ11'Hex/Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20UQ/HG 30 TQ
    Suspension
    Beetles/Dyneema
    Images
    Good times, alt facts.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Thanks Mucho Gusto, Benson Burner doing belly flops over at Hammock Forums...hahahaha. I have played in much more abandoned places than this post. They can't stop me from doing my thang, this is only the beginning! one year down, 30 videos in the hopper. Already planning for next year. The west is the best!
    Now showing:

Puppet Show
    Spinal tap
    Benson's Burners trip reports
    Last edited by Benson Burner; 01-11-2018 at 16:23.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Really gorgeous area! BB no one can ever accuse you of unoriginal content haha! Great job!

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    Really gorgeous area! BB no one can ever accuse you of unoriginal content haha! Great job!
    Thanks John, I appreciate that. I put it out there, like you say, for me and my friends and family, I share it with the people here, or at least I put it out there, Thanks for the feedback John and thank you for your military service.

• + New Posts