WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshandBaron View Post
    Just keep in mind that whoopies are going to add an extra couple feet to an already extended distance between trees.
    This is one of the reasons I went back to a strap and buckle style suspension.

Hammock
    Little Shop Of Hammocks
    Tarp
    LSOH Razor
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    A few weekends ago went camping with a few guys. We were walking down to set up our hammocks and I said to a friend who was about to use his Ridgerunner for the first time, " I love my Ridgerunner, but am always paranoid about forgetting my poles". I looked over at him and he looked a little stunned. "Poles huh". He ended up sleeping in an extra Hennessy we had! For me I use Niteize tie wraps and I always, always pack the poles first!
    Formally the Hanging Canuck!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Hanger View Post
    A few weekends ago went camping with a few guys. We were walking down to set up our hammocks and I said to a friend who was about to use his Ridgerunner for the first time, " I love my Ridgerunner, but am always paranoid about forgetting my poles". I looked over at him and he looked a little stunned. "Poles huh". He ended up sleeping in an extra Hennessy we had! For me I use Niteize tie wraps and I always, always pack the poles first!
    Been there before and had to rig up some hiking poles with zip ties to use as poles instead. The first 20 minutes in the hammock make me very nervous and I didn't sleep very well...half expecting something to break loose and ending up in my own person taco. Luckily everything started together. Now I use the same nite-ize gear Twisties and the poles are always attached to the hammock.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridgecreek XL
    Suspension
    Myers Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    I shortened my ridgerunner suspension (by making new dogbones, green head end and orange foot end) by 12 overall and added a ridgeline so it would fit inside a superfly with the doors closed.

I would be interested to hear more about your setup. You made 4 dog bones 6” shorter than the stock dog bones? How long is your ridgeline? Is the hammock just as stable with the shorter dog bones? It would be very nice to be able to close the doors of my Superfly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott8691 View Post
    I would be interested to hear more about your setup. You made 4 dog bones 6” shorter than the stock dog bones? How long is your ridgeline? Is the hammock just as stable with the shorter dog bones? It would be very nice to be able to close the doors of my Superfly!!

I haven't noticed any change in stability. The setup works fine with my carbon fiber spreader bars, so there isn't any excess pressure on the bars, and my superfly doors close to about 95% with a 128" ridgeline. Having the redline of the hammock about 6"s below the ridge of the trap means you'll still have a little interference with the shorter suspension with the doors closed all the way. I hope that makes sense. If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridgecreek XL
    Suspension
    Myers Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    I haven't noticed any change in stability. The setup works fine with my carbon fiber spreader bars, so there isn't any excess pressure on the bars, and my superfly doors close to about 95% with a 128" ridgeline. Having the redline of the hammock about 6"s below the ridge of the trap means you'll still have a little interference with the shorter suspension with the doors closed all the way. I hope that makes sense. If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Thank you for the quick response! I think I will make some dog bones and give it a try!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott8691 View Post
    Thank you for the quick response! I think I will make some dog bones and give it a try!

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow 20/Lynx
    Suspension
    Spider/Poly straps
    Have always broken everything down packed the hammock in a double ended stuff sack but on the last trip I was on I just stuffed the whole shebang (hammock, underquilt, and Spindrift) into the bottom of the pack in the pack liner. Seems like it took up less overall volume or allowed the rest of the gear to pack better since there seemed to be more open volume left in the pack after everything else was in. Going to experiment more with just stuffing it in the pack in the future.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I made a "lazy slug tube" out of some spare fabric I had laying around. The WBRR along with the AHE RCXL will fit in it, but it's a tighter fit than I wanted. At least now I have a starting place for the next time I try the project. Probably going to do a stuffsack for the poles too, when they're nested the smaller ones slide out way too easily even when I have the ends wrapped in a hairband.

I have the Arrowhead bag for my poles and I made one for my son's poles. We both leave our underquilts attached and shove the hammock into the compactor bag liner in our packs. Makes for less space used and for quicker takedown and put up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast